Page 1 of 1
Can links to me actually hurt PR?
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 1:15 pm
by stuart888
Can links to my website from off topic sites actually hurt my site. I have a web site about Florida travel, would a link from an adult forum or non-Florida related site actually hurt, more than it helps?
If so, could a competitor not go to a bad site, like a adult site and post links to my site to hurt my PR?
Thanks for any thoughts, Stuart
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 5:46 pm
by easycash81
If the links are pointing to you then i think may not be a problem but if you are pointing to adult sites then there is a problem
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 1:19 am
by directfuture
No I don't think so, I had a similar question a couple of months ago. I was told that you cannot stop people linking to your site and for this reason alone it does you no harm.
Just imagine if you wanted to penalise one of your competitors, all you would have to do is post links to their site from "un trust worthy sites"
Hope this answers your question, if anyone thinks differently I would like to hear your opinion.
James
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:04 am
by VladTepes
manage your backlinks regularly and request to remove your link from bad sites...
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:55 am
by wuzhong
I don't think it will hurt PR since it's from the other sites.
Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:13 am
by easycash81
If you are linking to adult sites or like that then only u are liked to be penalized .If that sites are linking to you i dont think u have any chance to be banned or so ..
this way anyone can link ...and penalize others but this is not the case
dont put any link at your site which is pointing to a bad neighbour
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:38 am
by weblaunchphxx
Problem may be create from adult site.
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:37 am
by luxury_homes_
I think Google will not tolerate this. Try to get genuine and related links to your site. When you know correct way no need to go on unknown path.

Re: Can links to me actually hurt PR?
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:26 pm
by dilipsreddy
Re: Can links to me actually hurt PR?
Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:34 pm
by candidlola
no it will make it better.