Google sitemaps
-
dylanphelan
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:21 pm
- Location: RSA
- Contact:
Google sitemaps
Hello.
I am rather new to this, so please excuse me if this is a silly question.
Ok, I've just re-worked my site. I read up on SEO and decided to use absolute links for my sites' navigational structure.
I have a command in dreamweaver ( i think i downloaded it as an extension) that generates google sitemaps. When i use it, it generates a sitemap that only has a few pages on it? Probly about 15% of the website. what causes this, and what can i do about it...? Can i edit the sitemap and simple add all the missing pages??
thanks,
Dylan
I am rather new to this, so please excuse me if this is a silly question.
Ok, I've just re-worked my site. I read up on SEO and decided to use absolute links for my sites' navigational structure.
I have a command in dreamweaver ( i think i downloaded it as an extension) that generates google sitemaps. When i use it, it generates a sitemap that only has a few pages on it? Probly about 15% of the website. what causes this, and what can i do about it...? Can i edit the sitemap and simple add all the missing pages??
thanks,
Dylan
-
dylanphelan
- Posts: 50
- Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:21 pm
- Location: RSA
- Contact:
-
freegamedomain
- Posts: 26
- Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:37 pm
- Contact:
I found this site useful for creating large sitemaps.
http://www.freesitemapgenerator.com
Hope all goes well.
http://www.freesitemapgenerator.com
Hope all goes well.
[url=http://www.freegamedomain.com/][color=red][b]Free Online Arcade Games[/b][/color][/url]
-
beamup
- Posts: 34
- Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:24 am
- Contact:
-
ben_tambling
- Posts: 423
- Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:05 pm
- Contact:
-
NiceCarvings
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:35 am
- Location: Minnesota
- Contact:
Ok I just finally got a sitemap.xml uploaded to my Google Dashboard area. Then of course the very next day I go and change a bunch of stuff on the site...add pages...change page names etc...
Question: Do I generate another Sitemap when I do this and submit again? Or will this already be taken care of somehow...heheh (clueless)
TIA
Question: Do I generate another Sitemap when I do this and submit again? Or will this already be taken care of somehow...heheh (clueless)
TIA
[url]http://signblog.nicecarvings.com[/url]
[url]http://www.nicecarvings.com[/url]
[url]http://www.nicecarvings.com[/url]
-
amitavroy
- Posts: 32
- Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:46 am
- Location: India
- Contact:
well as far as i knw and if we think logically, if there are changes to the name of the pages and also if you add up or delete pages then you will have to the same, that is get the new site map other wise for page changes it is not required.
you can generate at
http://www.xml-sitemaps.com
it is very nice
you can generate at
http://www.xml-sitemaps.com
it is very nice
Regards
Amitav Roy
Web Designer
http://www.pixelgroups.com
Amitav Roy
Web Designer
http://www.pixelgroups.com
-
dmaxonline
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:25 pm
- Contact:
-
easycash81
- Posts: 286
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:40 am
- Contact:
-
josh08
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:51 am
- Contact:
-
andrenym00
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:58 pm
- Contact:
-
imranahmed
- Posts: 252
- Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:11 pm
- Location: UK
- Contact:
-
binkuang
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:34 am
- Contact:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 174 guests