Page 1 of 2

Google sitemaps

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:20 pm
by dylanphelan
Hello.

I am rather new to this, so please excuse me if this is a silly question.

Ok, I've just re-worked my site. I read up on SEO and decided to use absolute links for my sites' navigational structure.

I have a command in dreamweaver ( i think i downloaded it as an extension) that generates google sitemaps. When i use it, it generates a sitemap that only has a few pages on it? Probly about 15% of the website. what causes this, and what can i do about it...? Can i edit the sitemap and simple add all the missing pages??

thanks,
Dylan

Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:14 am
by dylanphelan
I want to submit the sitemap in the google webmaster tools section.
The sitemap builder i have is by dmxzone

It seemed to work well with my old site, but then i was using realtive links.
Any suggestions?

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:00 pm
by freegamedomain
I found this site useful for creating large sitemaps.
http://www.freesitemapgenerator.com


Hope all goes well.

Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:27 pm
by beamup
hi

you can always use

Code: Select all

http://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
to get free sitemaps..

Steve

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:41 pm
by ben_tambling
use sitemap generators! ;) there are a lot of free sitemap generators that can give you what you need.. ;)

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:40 pm
by NiceCarvings
Ok I just finally got a sitemap.xml uploaded to my Google Dashboard area. Then of course the very next day I go and change a bunch of stuff on the site...add pages...change page names etc...

Question: Do I generate another Sitemap when I do this and submit again? Or will this already be taken care of somehow...heheh (clueless) :)

TIA

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:44 am
by amitavroy
well as far as i knw and if we think logically, if there are changes to the name of the pages and also if you add up or delete pages then you will have to the same, that is get the new site map other wise for page changes it is not required.

you can generate at
http://www.xml-sitemaps.com

it is very nice

Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:43 am
by DELETED
DELETED

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:57 pm
by dmaxonline
i got error message in google webmaster tool page.

"Sitemap not allowed" - please help me.

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:12 pm
by easycash81
Site map generator always help us

or try xml

Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:05 am
by josh08
easycash81 wrote:Site map generator always help us

or try xml
i agree!

Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:15 pm
by andrenym00
Sitemaps help alot especially if you have large web site.

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:03 am
by imranahmed
what about sitemap upload time period. How often we use to upload in a month.

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:48 am
by binkuang
i m new ....hi all