Page 1 of 1

Search Query Position has plummeted!

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:42 am
by housekeys
I use Google webmaster tools to gauge the ranking of my website for various keywords but noticed the positon for my main keywords have plummeted.

It used to be around 40 but today is around position 590!

I've been making small changes here and there and recently started a blog as a way to add new content to the site as I always hear that content is king but don't understand the huge drop in the position.

Does anyone have any ideas about what would cause this massive drop?

Thanks,

Robin

Posted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:12 pm
by vietnamimpressive
it will come back again, this is just a regular dance while there are thousands of competitors would like to be placed in higher place in serp. continue updating content!
stay cool

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:24 am
by housekeys
balla wrote:what goes down can come up again
The changes you made probably caused the drop.

I know if you change title tag then your pages can really drop

:)
I'm interested to know more about the effect changing the title tag can have - have you personally experienced this? Can you tell me what happened?

Thanks,

Robin.

Posted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:27 am
by housekeys
vietnamimpressive wrote:it will come back again, this is just a regular dance while there are thousands of competitors would like to be placed in higher place in serp. continue updating content!
stay cool
I'm trying to it's just that it's mind-boggling understanding how what I thought a positive change has had such a massive negative outcome.

I made some changes yesterday - adding my keywords to the alt tag, adding it to the meta description tag and adding it as a title in the page - I'll wait a couple of weeks and see what happens with that.

Thanks,

Robin.