Page 1 of 2
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:25 am
by Joseph James
I get some visiters from image search. But they are just after images.
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:43 am
by aciam
One of my sites are getting a lot of visitors from images n which i added alt attributes or description
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:26 am
by my_misyel
Yes, i also experienced the same thing. Keep on optimizing your images.
Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:28 pm
by busbyseo
I noticed that I got a commission from one of my sites I have forgot about for a while I looked and was getting traffic form Google image search.
If you can get Google to list your products in image search you may get sales
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:17 am
by guinanie
Most of my traffic came from google images. and the effective is to upload your images to a photo uploading site with high traffic and you should add 'alt text.
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:27 am
by artificialturf
Congrats.
My question is, do these people who come to your site via the photos actually stay to buy or read, or do they leave quickly?
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:54 pm
by VladTepes
Rblakney wrote:Congrats.
My question is, do these people who come to your site via the photos actually stay to buy or read, or do they leave quickly?
Usually, they are just after the image. If you could represent the top part of your site (which is visible to the image searcher), make that part more interesting to capture them to visit around your site.
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:13 pm
by erikko
images are also considered as content so that's possible and i predict that time will come and videos will also bring traffic to your site through tagging
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:25 pm
by x3mario
Adding alt attribute to images is good. Lots of my traffic are coming from images after I add alt attribute on it.
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:42 am
by digitalseo
some of my traffic came from images, not that bad because majority of my traffic are coming from organic..
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:09 am
by my_misyel
Rblakney wrote:Congrats.
My question is, do these people who come to your site via the photos actually stay to buy or read, or do they leave quickly?
Good question.
1. If your topic is interesting, then they'll read it
2. If they are just looking for a certain photos and didn't match their queries, then they'll leave quickly.
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:46 am
by AS-9
my_misyel wrote:Rblakney wrote:Congrats.
My question is, do these people who come to your site via the photos actually stay to buy or read, or do they leave quickly?
Good question.
1. If your topic is interesting, then they'll read it
2. If they are just looking for a certain photos and didn't match their queries, then they'll leave quickly.
How quick is quickly buddy

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:56 pm
by adiian
I dont't get traffic from google images but I always add the alt attributes because I consider them content and relevant keywords might improve the page performance in search engines.
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:52 am
by Ka-canor
I get traffic from images but I think its not that quality and it is depend on the content and the quality of the site.
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:02 pm
by beautybeverlyhills
I used to had traffic before from images but now I no longer have traffic from my images...Is there any reasons why???