Page 1 of 2
Google Chrome : new internet browser from Google
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:51 pm
by VladTepes
It was about to be out tomorrow...
So why are we launching Google Chrome? Because we believe we can add value for users and, at the same time, help drive innovation on the web.
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/ ... owser.html
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 pm
by VladTepes
leftybogs wrote:just download it and tried this morning... i noticed that its quite faster than firefox.. but i still stick to Firefox, im using some tools that chrome don't have...
well still looking forward since its still in beta... looks promising..
Definitely promising, Google is user oriented, Chrome will surely be better as test runs and beta are sending feedback about this browser.
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:30 am
by MikiciukPatryk
I'm pretty sure they will gather all your surfing history. Google wants to know EVERYTHING about us.
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 am
by my_misyel
Oh really? Let me try later when I get home. Since its in Beta I guess we have to wait for more developments like I hope the tools we used in firefox will be available in Chrome, soon!

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:50 am
by cont911
MikiciukPatryk wrote:I'm pretty sure they will gather all your surfing history. Google wants to know EVERYTHING about us.
Chrome is open source project, so any spy activity will be revealed easily
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:37 am
by wchua24
well i will try this one out. are you sure that this is faster than firefox?
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:37 pm
by Ka-canor
The design is similar to opera and IE its also fast like firefox.
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:22 pm
by beautybeverlyhills
I will try this later at home....If its better than firefox I'm going to use.
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:23 am
by AS-9
MikiciukPatryk wrote:I'm pretty sure they will gather all your surfing history. Google wants to know EVERYTHING about us.
Google does not want rights to things you do using Chrome
http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/google-ch ... agreement/
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:58 am
by my_misyel
cont911 wrote:MikiciukPatryk wrote:I'm pretty sure they will gather all your surfing history. Google wants to know EVERYTHING about us.
Chrome is open source project, so any spy activity will be revealed easily
Other forums are still debating on this

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:18 pm
by vietnamimpressive
a nice one to try but time will answer. if it is really good then no reason why we dont use it. now it is just beta1...
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:45 pm
by Copybuild
I already tried it! Based on my observation, it is fast and reliable! It is somehow similar to opera based on the interface. But I still prefer firefox because of its great add-ons.

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:05 am
by my_misyel
I read all articles regarding this and i clearly understand everything. Now am planning to install this when i get home.

Unfortunately it lacks SEO addons/ tools that we need.

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:38 am
by stbernard4
I had tried Chrome. While I am immensely impressed by the speed and the use of multiple processes to discourage a browser crash - I am severely disappointed in the lack of commonplace buttons. Such as HOME, REFRESH, RETURN. I believe they can be set to appear, but they are difficult to find.
I am a huge fan of Add-ons, and hope that Chrome will add this feature in the very near future.
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:30 am
by technomart
I heard about Google Chrome is great tool. I Install Google Chrome is faster than the IE. but In mozilla firefox Comparison the Mozilla is better than the google chrome. B'coz of the Firefox Plugin