Page 1 of 1

Google Indexing question

Posted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:49 pm
by sooperman
Hi,

My website http://www.getnotify.com is indexed by google today. But google has indexed only http://getnotify.com. If I use prefix www with http:// then my website is not listed in google. Any idea regarding how to get listed in google with www prefix?

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:35 am
by toronto-seo
Use 301 redirection to redirect to the right format, or use Google webmasters tool to tell Google about the favorite format you want for your website

Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:18 am
by technomart
yes correct you need to redirection use redirection code 301.

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:14 pm
by VladTepes
Also, whenever you link your build, use one with "www", it is more appropriate.

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:44 am
by grishamist
Don't forget to include "www". It's important for some webmaster to be precise.

Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:50 pm
by peterko
I also had such things before, untill I added both of URLs to the Google webmaster tool (URL with "www" and without it). Then I used the same Google webmaster tool to "Set preferred domain". The issue was resolved

Have a great day

Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:59 am
by RichardG
Its not necessary to add www. If we add www we get easily we can more appropriate site.

Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:44 am
by Rupido
adding www is a must, but i guess you figured that by now.. :o