Page 1 of 1

Flash and SEO

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:25 pm
by Aneeta
I have used flash intro in my site http://www.zebratranslations.co.uk What might be the impact of it in SEO?

Please comment

Posted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 am
by Joseph James
It is always advisible to reduce flash. Flash should not be used extensively. Thats what I think

SEO freindly sites

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:33 am
by peterko
As far as I know search engines like the sites with great deal of content, and they have to be as simple as possible. I have nothing wrong with the flash, but it makes the site less readable. I guess, it might be not a problem for Google to read it, but what about the other search engines? You shouldn't skip them, cause they might also bring you some targetted visitors. IMO

Have a great day

Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:02 pm
by VladTepes
Flash is just fine but there should always place for contents for bots love them.

Re: RE: Flash and SEO

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:38 pm
by meanmachine29
maneetpuri wrote:Yeah now Googlebots can easily read flash files and can extract the text inside the Flash file.

But try not to build the complete website in flash, because Googlebots can read text files much better that flash files.


Cheers!
Thats just not true.
Google bots do not read flash!. they can pick out the text, you can place alt tag with a code for google, but it cant read flash!. This is not a sales pitch, just check my site, I do a gradual build from Html sites to Flash. I can tell you the pros and cons, and write code that google can read in flash. but GOOGLE BOTS CAN NOT READ FLASH!

Re: Flash and SEO

Posted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:42 pm
by meanmachine29
Aneeta wrote:I have used flash intro in my site http://www.zebratranslations.co.uk What might be the impact of it in SEO?

Please comment
All I will say is, your flash intro is to basic and has errors, so will not even be indexed by google. Your site however is fairly good a few tweeks here and there and your should reach a pr of 3.
you need to either, oops nearly gave the game away!! pm ME FOR DETAILS.

Posted: Thu May 14, 2009 3:34 am
by shruchi nagar
Currently flash content are not being crawl by Google , but Google is going to change the algorithm and in the next update you will have flash content would be readable by spider.