higher PR on my secondary pages than my main page?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
davidaneff
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 pm
Contact:

higher PR on my secondary pages than my main page?

Post by davidaneff »

Well I finally got some page rank today- from a 0 to a 2.
So I went on my site to see if any of my secondary pages got page rank. There were lots of 0's and a couple of 1's which is what I expected... but then a few pages had a PR of 3. Has anyone else ever had a secondary page with a higher PR than the main page? a few of my PR3 pages have their own backlinks but not nearly as many as the main page so I'm confused. A glitch maybe? or does google update PR incrementally over the course of a few days possibly?
[url=http://neffarchitecture.com]Connecticut Architects|Long Island Architects|Shingle Style[/url]

davidaneff
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 pm
Contact:

Post by davidaneff »

I just did a page-by-page PageRank analysis of my site. It wasn't very hard since I only have 31 pages. Here's what I found:

-PR0 (or n/a) pages: Without fail, no backlinks on any of these.

-PR1 page: Has 2 backlinks from my own site and 2 from a PR6 forum.

-PR2 page: One of these has a single backlink from a PR1 page on my own site. The other has 2 from PR0 pages on my own site. (really doesn't make sense when compared to my PR1 page above.)

-PR3 pages: 5 of these and all of them have exactly 6 backlinks from my own site and anywhere from 0-3 backlinks from other sites.

-My main page: PR2 and has 19 backlinks, including 5 from my own site.

I don't really get it. I'm not complaining but I'm not sure why internal links seem to generate PR especially when those links are from PR0 pages. I also don't get why my main page has a lower PR than some of my secondary pages. All things being equal I would expect it to be one notch above my secondary pages but all things aren't equal- it has more than double the backlinks of any other page.

Anyone have similar or different findings?
[url=http://neffarchitecture.com]Connecticut Architects|Long Island Architects|Shingle Style[/url]

seo.doc
Posts: 228
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:30 pm
Contact:

Post by seo.doc »

got same sit here...sub page seems to have higher pr compared to the homepage....0-2 for subpage then 0-1 on homepage...
[url=http://www.iweb-marketing.com]Seo Services[/url] Free Consultation

realistic
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:17 am
Location: London
Contact:

Post by realistic »

Hi Friend,

Read Your Question.

I have same problem with my 2 blogs.

I have one blog at wordpress on different health topics.

In that some separate posting get pr 2 and 3,when my blog pr is only 2.
[url=http://www.farmlandinvestmentpartnership.com]farmland investment Canada[/url]

davidaneff
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:34 pm
Contact:

Post by davidaneff »

I got some feedback on another forum that makes sense. I was told that it could have to do with the flow of links within the site. In my case, all of my PR3 pages have lots of internal links flowing in but not many flowing out. The PR0 pages tend to have lots of links flowing out but not many flowing in.

One weird twist that I still don't get is that my main page still beats the PR3 pages in several keyword searches even the PR3 pages are much more optimized to those keywords. Maybe main pages get some extra points in the algorithm regardless of PR?
[url=http://neffarchitecture.com]Connecticut Architects|Long Island Architects|Shingle Style[/url]

rejeanamorrise
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, California, US
Contact:

Post by rejeanamorrise »

The reason for that is very simple, your sub-pages got higher pagerank cause it has higher number of quality backlinks than your domain.

I also experience the situation so I am sure about my answer.
[url=http://www.designerclothesonline.co.uk/]
[b]Men and Womens Designer Clothing Online[/b][/url]

Litgen
Posts: 21
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:11 am
Contact:

Post by Litgen »

I agree with previous reply. Everything is ok, don't worry! It's great, that you have such PR!
[url=http://cacciolairon.com]Iron Works[/url]
[url=http://eleganceit.com/en]Outsourcing[/url]

stellaman
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:57 am
Contact:

Post by stellaman »

Nothing to worry about and fully explained above. Your sub-pages have more or better quality links pointing at them than your main page, this will rectify itself in time.
[url=http://www.ilogicsoundhat.co.uk/]iLogic Sound Hat[/url]

VladTepes
Posts: 1463
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:42 am
Contact:

Post by VladTepes »

It is possible and happening around. Your inner page have better/important content.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

motbuocchan
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:38 pm
Contact:

Re: higher PR on my secondary pages than my main page?

Post by motbuocchan »

Right, this is great.
Repair water pump in Vietnamese translation = sửa máy bơm

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 171 guests