Page 1 of 1
Google Dance - Is it "on"?
Posted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:12 pm
by ekmon
I was doing some checking of my SE hits, and when I went to the page on google that was the entry to my site, I noticed alot of others had the date in their last line, the 26th. So does that mean the dance is starting? I understand that the date appearing is when it was updated, am I correct in this?
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:46 am
by syfuls
On some forums the pre-dance threads are a problem because you have to keep monitoring them to see if the dance is actually for real. If your a member here, you most likely know about the Google Dance Tool, inwhich case you should sign up for the alerts. If you so sign up for the alerts, you won't need to worry because the email alert will most likely be the first thing to let you know the dance has started.
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:56 pm
by seo.doc
the best way to see this is through checking your positioning on SERP...if there will be G dance then it is observable in terms of rankings...which will like drop and pop on their positioning....
Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:03 pm
by VladTepes
Google dance always occurs and it was mostly observed when google major PR update is on the way which was reported happen at end of December.
Posted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:26 am
by my_misyel
Its normal. Besides it serves as an indicator that your site is frequently viewed by how many times with the corresponding date of visit.