Page 1 of 2

Lots of inbound links but low PR

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:48 am
by genius
I am a little bit confused about google's PR system. I have seen some websites with many inbound links with a very low PR but at the same time i have seen many websites with less than 20 links with much higher PR. Why is it so? Please advice

Google ranking

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:45 pm
by peterko
I guess, quality of backlinks is a key. I also think many different factors beside that might affect website PR. Backlinks are the major factor, but not the only one. I think you shouldn't focus so much on PR, it's better to pay more attention to SERP. IMO

Have a great day

Re: Lots of inbound links but low PR

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:40 pm
by seo.doc
genius wrote:I am a little bit confused about google's PR system. I have seen some websites with many inbound links with a very low PR but at the same time i have seen many websites with less than 20 links with much higher PR. Why is it so? Please advice

Just remember quality plays more important than quantity in Google terms..and of course the relevancy...

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:21 pm
by mdamin76
It also depends on the quality of the links. I would also like to add here that although PR plays major factors on ranking, a lower PR site can beat the higher PR site with relevant backlinks.

Re: Lots of inbound links but low PR

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:57 am
by commentcodes
genius wrote:I am a little bit confused about google's PR system. I have seen some websites with many inbound links with a very low PR but at the same time i have seen many websites with less than 20 links with much higher PR. Why is it so? Please advice
I think those links are quality back links, that's why he gain high PR.

Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:36 pm
by VladTepes
And backlink is just one of the factor in Google's ranking, one major factor is the content. Also google limits the number of backlinks they show.

Google ranking factors

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
by Karunakar
As you know Google ranking depends on many factors, u can find all at:

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/interne ... actors.htm

And Quality inbound links are very imp to gain ranking.

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:11 am
by YooHee
it's not the PR for the back links....

as long as the SE crawlers can read the links on that

directory.....

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:14 am
by jamila
It all boils down to quality. Even if you have many back links but not realted to your industry then it has little effect on your PR.

Posted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:43 am
by antienergy243
It's especially good if you can find some .edu or .gov sites that will link to you. Those will really boost your pagerank.

Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:55 am
by genius
You can follow two models,
More links with less PR
Less links with more PR
don't mix the above two together, chose one and start with it. If you will mix both of them, you will automatically considered in the second category.
Thats all

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:20 pm
by seo.doc
jamila wrote:It all boils down to quality. Even if you have many back links but not realted to your industry then it has little effect on your PR.
In addition with that make sure also that you do have you anchor link in a page which has perhaps high pr with only little number of outbound links...the more outbound links the page your linking the little link juice your getting.

Re: Lots of inbound links but low PR

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:00 am
by shakir
genius wrote:I am a little bit confused about google's PR system. I have seen some websites with many inbound links with a very low PR but at the same time i have seen many websites with less than 20 links with much higher PR. Why is it so? Please advice
PR not only based on the count of BL, based on the content , its quality, clicks , on page optimization etc.

Also little good quality BL gives more link juice than more low quality BL

Re: Lots of inbound links but low PR

Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:29 am
by commentcodes
shakir wrote:
genius wrote:I am a little bit confused about google's PR system. I have seen some websites with many inbound links with a very low PR but at the same time i have seen many websites with less than 20 links with much higher PR. Why is it so? Please advice
PR not only based on the count of BL, based on the content , its quality, clicks , on page optimization etc.

Also little good quality BL gives more link juice than more low quality BL
Yes, PR is not based count of BL, PR is based on Quality of back links.

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:31 am
by janicejan
try learning on how to get quality back links, you should read this one http://www.seomoz.org/, there you will find answers regarding SEO methods.. knowledge is everything so its better to be updated..