Page 1 of 1

New rel="canonical" URL - your views?

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:50 am
by zeruel
So what's your view on the new Google's rel="canonical" URL?

Have you tried it?

Here's the link:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... nical.html

Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:17 am
by artificialturf
Hmm, that sounds interesting, but I can see how it could also lead to abuse. Does that mean that I will no longer be punished for having multiple websites with the same contant as long as I list them as canonical?

Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:12 am
by mdamin76
Seems as a new attribute. Will try in my next project.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:31 am
by VladTepes
Hope that would help the first and original publishers against copiers around...

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:25 pm
by seosean
It seems to be pretty good. I'm glad that released that, although I've already though of some ways I'm sure spammers will exploit it.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:22 pm
by sam09
Hey,

It sounds great attribute and quite useful in case of dynamic urls.

thanks...

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 pm
by seo.doc
This will be great in order to target the specific page you want to be crawled even though it has like merely have an identical page.

Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:55 pm
by therence
didn't try yet. how effective it is by the way?

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:00 am
by India58
Must study this new method too :shock:

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:09 am
by YooHee
i think i saw this topic on the other forum :D

but that tag is good it helps to minimize the number of duplicate sites in the net :D

Posted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:50 am
by los_angeles_sales_trainin
This method is especially important for people who don't know or not able to do a proper 301 redirect to avoid duplication of content.

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:26 am
by seo.doc
angelina12 wrote:I think this is the good way to stop duplicate content of our website.
Yeah other major SE's are part and do support his and they agreed to use this tag. Mainly to deal with rapid growth of dupe content issues.

Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:54 am
by tomasmatt
Helps reduce duplicate content indexed by google... I thik it is good

Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:09 am
by YooHee
yeah that's a good tag now...

i wonder no website owner use that tag.... so that no body will duplicate

their site tsk :D