Page 1 of 1

Migrating site from Googlepages to new domain

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:09 am
by stnnetindia
I have a site in Googlepages.com namely http://thekeralatemples.googlepages.com. I am planning to have my own domain for this project as "thekeralatemples.com".

Now i have more than 250 back link and 300+ pages indexed in Google. If i migrate this site into new domain, will all these advantages lose??? I have to start from scratch??? :-(

pls advice.

Sreejith
http://thekeralatemples.googlepages.com

Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 am
by seo.doc
The only way to preserve all your link juice and backlinks is to redirect your old page using 301...

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:01 am
by mdamin76
I guess you'll need to start link building again for the new domain.

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:54 am
by seo.doc
mdamin76 wrote:I guess you'll need to start link building again for the new domain.
You can preserve it by using 301 redirection this means that your older page or domain will only be redirected to the new one without loosing any of the link juice,weight you have.

Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:39 am
by Ice_man2
I totally agree with "2fk" 301 redirect is the best solution for you.
site redirecting is pretty useful when it comes to traffic preservation.

you can try check this link out to help you with the 301 redirection.
www.isitebuild.com/301-redirect.htm