Page 1 of 1

Google PPC / Adwords Abuse

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:05 am
by Bobby_valentino
Strictly asking in THEORY.

If my competitor were to click one of my pay per click ads over and over...

e.g. clicking my PPC ad which costs 1.50 per click... and then returning to the search page and refreshing and re clicking.

would I be charged double, tripple and so on... ?

I mean technically they could just sit there and charge me thousands of dollars a day.

Someone please shed some light on this.

Re: Google PPC / Adwords Abuse

Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:20 pm
by scottgrace25
Bobby_valentino wrote:Strictly asking in THEORY.

If my competitor were to click one of my pay per click ads over and over...

e.g. clicking my PPC ad which costs 1.50 per click... and then returning to the search page and refreshing and re clicking.

would I be charged double, tripple and so on... ?

I mean technically they could just sit there and charge me thousands of dollars a day.

Someone please shed some light on this.

Google has a system in place to make sure this dosen't happen. They log the IP address of the clicks and if they see 3(i think) or more then they will credit you at the end of the month(check your bill for credits because I know I have seen some).