Page 1 of 1

keywords dont appear in content yet site ranked top in googl

Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:23 am
by proxima
Hello,

While doing the keyword research for my website, I was looking for the sites that rank the highest in google , so I could figure out how they implement and use the keywords for the organic search results.
To my surprise, what I noticed was that keywords / keyphrases dont appear even once in the content.
As an example, this is what I used as the search phrase :
"business web design" in google.co.in (I am located in India) and looked at the content and even the source code of the sites that rank the topmost. But couldn't find the key words except may be in the meta keyword section in few sites.

I am new to the SEO, Have gone through lot of posts , lot of articles on SEO, and when I set out to do the analysis (keyword and other SEO implementation strategies) , I felt stuck, can't proceed with the SEO for my site unless this is ironed out for me. :?

Besides the point, I believe this defeats the purpose of search engine. A person looking for business web design , e.g. , is not shown the appropriate results, or am I missing something here. :?:
Thanks,
Randhir.

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:35 am
by YooHee
i think you need to optimize you site again....i think there's something wrong with you meta tags....that's why that happens :D

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:14 am
by jackie.f
Maybe that is just a mistake. Wait another 1 week and see if your site stay in that rank.

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:00 am
by proxima
I don't think meta tags are given importance by Google.
I've been reading lot of articles and forum discussions lately and everywhere it is said that meta tags don't count for the page ranking.


link build the site using the keywords "business web design".
riderbabygurl , could you suggest good article -where it might be in nutshell how to do the link building.

Also, anyone knows any other good active forum where i could post this question ?

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:10 am
by my_misyel
Here are some of the links. Check them out and hope it answers your questions.
http://www.seomoz.org/article/search-ranking-factors
http://impnerd.com/10-sure-fire-seo-tip ... n-keywords

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:55 am
by Ell
Do more seo activities, that's the best way out

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:30 am
by Bobby_valentino
wait for the cache update

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:31 pm
by mdamin76
That might be a Google Dance. You can find that your site performing well today, then it disappear tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:06 am
by Dave011
That might be a Google Dance. You can find that your site performing well today, then it disappear tomorrow.
yes, try to check the data base in mcdar.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:37 am
by proxima
Thanks my_misyel ! That was a helpful post.
I found the article on SEOmoz quite informative.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:11 pm
by rayter
That's odd, but that really happens in Google. That's not permanent at all. So if you want to maintain your ranking, linkbuild your site and make its content relevant to the tags.

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:09 am
by Wishbone
That's how complex Google algorithm us, I'm sure there's no glitch or something and the result on top are the best closest one to that the keyphrase.

Domain age and authoritativeness might be the biggest factor there.

Competition for a keyword

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:45 am
by johnwilson1
Simply typing the query will not give u the web sites competitng for a particular keyword in SERPs.Instead, enclose the keyword in double quotes to search for the websites competiting for that keywords.










http://www.europoppershop.com

Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:49 am
by TrafficVault
Make sure that you aren't just optimizing the on page factors, but you are building links as well. Google is highly dependent on links to help rank the content. Sometimes it even ranks sites without any relevant keywords, if the keywords in the anchor text of the links pointing back to the site contain the keyword. Keep in mind that while title and meta data are important, you need to cover all the factors to rank well in Google.

Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:04 am
by seoguider1
i dont think this kind of awful think can happen with G....you should report that website to G if its not your website and they would surely looko over this issue..