Page 1 of 1
a little confused
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:10 am
by onlinearnings
I am also a little confused about the PR.
I used about 2 months to push my site to PR1.
Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 6:41 am
by Henry Andersson
Many people thinks it is getting irrelevant lately. I have personally experienced a pr increase from 0 to 4 in the last update, but I have also had a bad serp punishment.
I was in the first 100 results for my main kewords and now I am not there anymore, but I am pr4. Can't really figure our why.
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:29 am
by hcl_23
I think PR is important but it does not carry a lot of weight in ranking.
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 pm
by rayter
PR is relevant only for those who are exchanging links with other sites. Pagerank is usually the basis of webmasters when trading links.
Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:30 pm
by warut
I think PR was combined with other facter to determine web rank on google search just like information and content on your website and number of result when search with keyword.
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:45 am
by seo.doc
hcl_23 wrote:I think PR is important but it does not carry a lot of weight in ranking.
Perhaps Pr can be use in ranking sites given for example about two sites which carry out the same relevancy on search results . Now Google may use page rank as a factor in order to distinguished which site would get the higher ranking. G may look on their PR then the one with higher PR will be rank higher than the other one.
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:22 am
by skywind
Mine is drop

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:30 am
by YooHee
bermuda wrote:It is important knowing of this matter that nowadays, PR is not having a determining impact and effect on the rankings of the websites and sometimes low PR sites can be seen at the top.
yes, i think having a high PR means that you have high ranking in SE's, and low PR, low ranking in SE's..... but i think there are sites that have high PR and high ranking in SE's, specially this old websites

Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:03 am
by Digital Extreme Media
The PageRank bar is nothing more than a tool to measure the weight of your website and pages within your website. If we could not use the little green bar the resulting information would still be out there. We just get a chance to see calculations put into a visual display.
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 am
by me.julia72
yeah you are right media
seo
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:14 am
by subhashj
Hi I am agree with
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:13 am
by workinghealth
Page Rank is more or less a bragging right tool.
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 am
by articlemaster
blacklink coming from relevant site is important.However PR has nothing to do with traffic of a website. PR completely depends upon the quality backlink you are building.
For traffic is how you promote your site and draw the attention of the visitors.Content is the king and its ruling everytime and its the main key to get visitors.. if you have quality and quantity content in your website then you dont have to worry about traffic.
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:01 pm
by ChiefLee
It's both relevant and irrelevant.
High PR for your site guarantees nothing. For your site, you need to focus on building your SERPs with content, onsite optimization, good keyword research, and an inbound link campaign. If you do these things, you're likely to improve your PR in the process.
I mostly use PR as part of the equation when I evaluate the value of inbound links. I create a "value" by taking a page's PR and dividing by the number of outbound links. Though this may not correlate to anything in particular with google, it allows me to assign a "value" to that link.
Posted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:59 pm
by DavidDock
hello