Page 1 of 1
Google Maps/local Business listing
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 am
by Cranny
I have had my business listed on Google Maps for almost a year, I recently checked to see how my listing was performing and found something very interesting. Another local business with a lower page rank (that has not been listed with this keyword before) has bumped all of us that have been listed for this particular keyword. Now only that business is showing up, by itself with no other businesses being listed. They have essentially blown us all of us off the map. How does this happen? Are they paying Google for that spot? Google maps have been and continue to be very important to my business, can someone shed some light on this for me.
Google is Updating
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:17 am
by gingerwebs
Google is under update, hopefully it could be back soon.
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:01 am
by signaltelevision
Hey wait for some days may be you get back your position back.
I think in short period of time you may get back your position back.
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:02 am
by Henry Andersson
Let us know when it will be back!
Because i have a similar problem....
Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:56 pm
by dvduval
I'd be interested too about how to rank for google local. I have had a number of customer requests lately for this. Any good info on this?
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:02 am
by VladTepes
Pagerank has nothing much to do with the rankings, Google might be on some updates and testing that makes the rankings changed. You don't know when it will happen and if thing will came back but to ensure to get the rankings, keep your site well and more often indexed by Google bots by gathering strong backlinks...