Page 1 of 1

Google's SAND BOX theory

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:49 pm
by backwow
New websites will not be indexed by google untill a specific period according to google's SAND BOX THEORY.

The theory is good for old web site owners and annoying for site owners with a new site.

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:23 am
by biophase
I have not found this the case. I have had new sites indexed in as little as 4 days. The only time I had a site not indexed within 2 weeks is when a 404 page would give a 500 server error. Once I fixed that it was indexed the next day.

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:26 pm
by nsagent
I have experience this sandbox effect. The best thing you can do is social bookmark your site with a bunch of different sites and that should help you.

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:44 pm
by mwya
adding fresh contents to your site is very good to your site

Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:12 pm
by rayter
To prevent getting sandboxed, you need to write good content. Content is king. A better content will attract visitors to your site.

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:06 am
by foodsnark
I recommend. You Don' submit google.

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:09 pm
by BenjaminGates
@bermuda,

Your explanation seems to be the right thing and possibly what is happening with my blog right now.

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:28 pm
by mrandrei
Google's sandbox is just a theory. Others even say it's just a myth and has never existed. I have never experienced such a thing for I only do ethical SEO methods.

ok

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:20 am
by BenjaminGates
Every thinks that sandbox is a theory, unless it happens to them..

In fact I realized that similar to sandbox, there are small sandboxes for small timeframes for even the most popular websites. For example some articles even though submitted on ezinearticles.com or sites with PR5 and more, do not appear in search results. It happened with me. Others took only minutes to get indexed by Google, but some took many days even after linking to that article from other popular pages which gets indexed in an hour.

It happens with every site. So go check your internal pages (latest) and once in a while you will notice this delay in indexing.

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:21 am
by sam09
Hi,

It happened to my newly launched website. Site got good ranking in just couple of weeks and suddenly disappeared from SERP and then again slowly start to get boosting in SERP. I think that's what sand boxed.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 pm
by KrazyG
TO get away of that sandbox. Make sure that your site is worthy to be seen on the search results. ;)