Page 1 of 2
Do Social Bookmarking Sites Help Page Rank?
Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 pm
by DansMuayThaiMMA
I started cataloging my posts from my blog on a couple social book marking sites like Digg and Delicious. Will this help my page rank?
My current PR is 1, and I would like to get it up to 2 by the end of the summer.
I have over 400 pages/posts of good content and I have been doing a lot of forums posts, blog commenting, and all the other necessary steps, however I have been spending a lot of time recently doing SBing. I want to know if my efforts are worth it.
Dan
www.dansmuaythaimma.com
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:25 am
by suzzii
Social Bookmarking is one of the easiest ways to get extra traffic and links coming into your blog. Social bookmarking allows Internet users to save and organize bookmarks to a public website, tag them with keywords, share them with others, and browse what
others have bookmarked.
Thus it gives relevant traffic but not page rank.
Regards
Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:23 am
by ChiefLee
Why is your goal to improve your pagerank? Pagerank means nothing. Give me good SERPs and qualified traffic any day over pagerank. Please!

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:09 am
by zidit
Completely help but as the result meaningless
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:03 pm
by nsagent
I don't think it will help your PR at all because the page that has your link on it on digg won't accumulate any to pass on.
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:56 pm
by mdamin76
Some social bookmarking sites are dofollow and that contributes to PR value.
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:33 pm
by rayter
You can get backlinks from Digg, but not from Delicious. It has a different interface. Social bookmarking sites are mainly used for traffic, not to increase pagerank.
Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:26 pm
by shakir
Found the post before .... same query in diff text
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:45 am
by YooHee
yes.... i think social bookmarking can really help in having backlinks also traffic like in diggo and stumble upon

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:15 am
by signaltelevision
Yes no need of PR for getting SERP in google. You can get your search engine ranking with out PR of your site.
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:38 am
by kellogg9
Its about trafffic not page rank when dealing with social networks
Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:42 am
by mwya
social book marking sites increase traffic to your site
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:03 am
by Bina
I am using social book marking sites for bringing more traffic than PR concerns. You can publish your great works in social sites and it may bring some natural links and so may be your PR increases. But worth a try
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:18 am
by jgalty
The simple answer is yes.
Bookmarking
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:43 am
by bpatton
Yes it does look for high pr dofollow bookmark sites