Page 1 of 2
Too much duplicate content will effect on my ranking?
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:44 am
by backwow
Please advice me
Re: Too much duplicate content will effect on my ranking?
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:40 pm
by kellogg9
backwow wrote:Please advice me
Yes it will...it is important to add variety each day or you will feel it
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:11 pm
by KrazyG
First thing, why would you allow to have so many duplicate content on your site? Can't you just create your own? It will definitely hurt your ranking in time.
Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:22 pm
by wuzhong
Sure it will affect. Those sites with fresh content should be welcome.
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:02 am
by sagar2121
yes the duplicate contents can seriously harm anyone
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:09 am
by sikceo
Never post duplicate content. NEVER!!!
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:54 am
by wahm375
I run a website and two blogs that have the same theme. Sometimes, I pull content from each, but I always do a rewrite. Most times, I will add a new paragraph too, but I still always rewrite the article so the search engines view it as being different. I recommend doing this. If you don’t handle your own site content, you can hire a freelance writer to do rewrites. They usually charge less than outright writing new articles.
Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:45 am
by nsagent
It won't help you but I don't think it will actually hurt your rankings. It just won't help so there is no point in posting it at all.
Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 pm
by carrie23
It will not hurt you if you are the original owner of the content, but it won't help you either. So you might as well use your time to make new original content.
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:51 am
by betty
Its good to make unique every time; that will be useful and never hurt your site too.
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:15 am
by avoid-debt
goodluck buddy!
Posted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:01 pm
by calnettech
leftybogs wrote:Here's what google said about dupe content:
we prefer to focus on filtering rather than ranking adjustments ... so in the vast majority of cases, the worst thing that'll befall webmasters is to see the "less desired" version of a page shown in our index.
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... ntent.html
Thanks I see.
Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:20 pm
by rowenalee
You shouldn't allow duplicate contents on your site. It will greatly affect your ranking and your reputation. Google hates content duplication so you should beware of that. Make your own unique and interesting topics.
Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:02 pm
by mdamin76
Yep, because google prefer quality, fresh and unique contents.
Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 am
by extreme-seo
Yes your site will be hugely affected in search engines if you use duplicate contents for your website. Those contents, means those pages, will not be indexed in the G and this will highly affect your website ranking.