Page 1 of 2

Dropped by Google

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:19 am
by bigmallrat
Hi,
Last week, 80% of my site suddenly dropped out of Google. The missing pages are no longer indexed. Google Sitemaps doesn't report any problems. I thought it may be a temporary fluke and the pages would soon reappear. However, now Yahoo has done the same. Nearly all of my pages have dropped there, too.
Any ideas on what may have happened? I haven't changed anything.
It's frustrating to suddenly have no visitors.
Thanks,
Scott

Posted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:37 pm
by urbanphotos
See my post a few down on the list - 72 views but no responses.

I haven't noticed a change in Yahoo! but Google did definitely make some major change.

My site used to consistently come up on the first page of Google search results when doing a search for LAS VEGAS PHOTOS. Now it doesn't come up at all, or so far down I haven't found it yet.

However, if you search with quotes around the search terms, I come up in the same place I used to.

My site has about 2,500 photos of Las Vegas and an individual .htm page for each one, so it is probably the most relevant site on the Internet to someone looking for Las Vegas photos. I only know of one other site that may have more Las Vegas photos posted for free viewing than mine.

So in my opinion Google has majorly screwed up their search results. That opinion being based on if someone is looking for photos of Las Vegas, a site with over 2,500 on-topic photos does not come up; but a whole bunch of off-topic stuff like sites that sell travel and hotel reservations do come up.

I'm coming up #19 on Yahoo, #3 or #4 on MSN.

My situation may not be an accurate reflection of search results though because there are millions of web pages related to Las Vegas. Google's new algorithm may place position #4,000 as high or "very relevant" when you consider that right now Google gives 163,000,000 hits on the search terms LAS VEGAS PHOTOS. But who's gonna scroll through 400 pages of search results?

I tried the AdWords thing last year, it brought me more traffic but didn't generate any more sales.

Posted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:10 pm
by bigmallrat
Google is continuing to de-index my pages. 2 more now. Only 18 are indexed (out of 90ish). Yahoo has picked up 16 pages, so maybe its a temporary situation with them. Google is killin' me!
Scott

Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:42 am
by bigmallrat
Hi,
No, I haven't changed anything. I checked Google this morning and they've re-indexed 10 pages. What's come back on Yahoo has done so, but now rate very poorly. Google must just be doing something. They mustn't realize the devastation to visitors and thus revenue they can cause.
Scott

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:23 am
by Ell
That's not very pleasant, but I think that it was really Google doing something. TRy to keep doing everything you did before (I mean soe, ppc or what it was)

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:03 pm
by ben_at_run
Continues work to attract the viewers google does not drop the page

Posted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:41 pm
by wereviewwebsites
Try to create sitemap for the google and submit in google webmaster and also create human sitemap for your website.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:13 am
by jgalty
That's weird usually what happens is your move down about for a week then your up higher then what you were but your situation doesn't sound like that. I would submit a site map like stated above then check the information when it scans your site see if there any errors and such.

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:24 am
by YooHee
try to make some changes on your tags and your title....then wait until google re-index your site......

Posted: Tue May 26, 2009 5:47 am
by elena21
Can you post here your link?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:11 am
by skywind
Is your site a new one?

you need to stick, get backlinks, write new articles daily

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:24 am
by jacks smith
i am also suffering same problem initially i got good result on but after 15 days my site 0ut on under 200 of google after one month still it not recover. i am working on backlink but i still not get success

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:25 am
by foodsnark
Build more backlink.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:07 pm
by Sheila
were you by chance using black hat tactics ?

Are you sure that you were completely out of google or just not ranking high?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:07 pm
by mdamin76
The problem could possibly caused by server. The time google and yahoo happened to reach your site, it's down.