Page 1 of 1

what is name of google crawler

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:25 am
by seo.ashwin
Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler

Re: what is name of google crawler

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:37 am
by VladTepes
seo.ashwin wrote:Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler
And what's its old name?

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:49 am
by mwya
i think the name of google crawler is google bot

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:49 am
by ngdes2
yes ive always refered to it as bot

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:23 am
by Netdogz
Hi,

I think also that name of this bot is google bot.

I did not heard till now about any changing or new name.

Thanks :)

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:15 pm
by cfoo
The name is Googlebot. You can check it from awstat in your CPanel.

Re: what is name of google crawler

Posted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:45 pm
by dhanjit
seo.ashwin wrote:Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler
Here is the list of updated crawlers-

1. Google Crawler- Google Boot
2. Yahoo Crawler- Slurp
2. MSN Crawler- MSN Robot
4. AltaVista- Scooter

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:44 am
by tomasmatt
I have seen no change in googlebots name

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:17 am
by extreme-seo
I have searched too much over internet but haven't found anything such that they have changed their name of crawler. Where you have found this info!

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:33 am
by homeloans
I don't know about the new name of the google crawlers.

Re: what is name of google crawler

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:55 pm
by my_misyel
dhanjit wrote:
seo.ashwin wrote:Hi,

I heard that name of Google crawler is changed.

can any one tell me about now what is name of gooogle crawler
Here is the list of updated crawlers-

1. Google Crawler- Google Boot
2. Yahoo Crawler- Slurp
2. MSN Crawler- MSN Robot
4. AltaVista- Scooter

Is it GoogleBot? am I right?

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:52 pm
by stevepeterson
The name of google crawler is google boot

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:26 pm
by rayter
It's just a name. Google crawler is commonly called as Googlebot or Google robot.

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:06 pm
by stevepeterson
rayter wrote:It's just a name. Google crawler is commonly called as Googlebot or Google robot.
I agree with you.

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:17 am
by mebarclay
rayter wrote:It's just a name. Google crawler is commonly called as Googlebot or Google robot.
Google Bot Commonly Call As Spiders And yahoo bots Call As yahoo slurp