Page 1 of 1
Google Sitelinks
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:53 pm
by SEOGuruNYC
Hello, I was wondering if anyone noticed a recent change to the Google Sitelinks within the last couple of days.
I have been watching few sites and just noticed that one lost its sitelinks and the other one the lsome inks were dropped.
Also the other thing I noticed it when you search for the same word few times in Google, something the results changes after the first two.
I thought this was a strange behaviour.
Posted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:07 pm
by cirquelodge
One of my sites dropped about a quater but the others haven't, it might be a clear out of old sites
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:56 am
by jgalty
A bunch of my keywords dropped a ton for some reason.
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:11 am
by seosean
I've also noticed there have been some changes in the Google algo but for site links I've noticed that more sites seem to be having them but only when you search for specific keywords do those site links show up.
Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:38 pm
by viradian
I have not noticed a back link change in the last few days...also, the reason you've seen changes in google results is because you are accessing different data centers. There are a lot of data centers and they all have similar results, but they are not all exactly the same. It would account for sites changing positions when you hit refresh.
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:37 pm
by rayter
I didn't notice such changes. My sites' sitelinks remain the same. It is probably just some kind of fluctuations or something.
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 am
by VladTepes
Google have been changing, testing and implementing many changes in their algorithm. I don't think they are dropping some keywords, they were just due to algo changes, just like they are not making any changes in their ranking & quality guidelines. In times like these and always, all we can do is to keep our sites cached and indexed by SE bots.
Re: Google Sitelinks
Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:08 pm
by SEOGuruNYC
Google is doing some changes for sure and I think they are testing a new algoritim because the results, at least in my region changing by the hours then they go back to normal.
I thought maybe someone heard something about this, nothing on the news or blogs about it.
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:04 am
by mcl1989
This happens to me all the time! i wouldnt worry to much about it!
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 am
by myndconsulting
Yes, I noticed that sometimes my search get results with sitelinks for my company's website and sometimes it's gone the day after.
Something is cooking at Google.
Try to use your Google Webmaster account to manage your website's sitelinks.
Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:08 pm
by online-internet-dating-se
VladTepes wrote:Google have been changing, testing and implementing many changes in their algorithm. I don't think they are dropping some keywords, they were just due to algo changes, just like they are not making any changes in their ranking & quality guidelines. In times like these and always, all we can do is to keep our sites cached and indexed by SE bots.
yeah we agree. Google is testing...
Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:07 pm
by KrazyG
Is this situation new to all of you here? Google is always unpredictable! You will always be surprised with what's to your site every now and then. They're good at it, making us panic for just a minor changes.