Page 1 of 1

Google Has Made its Search Box Bigger

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 am
by sam09
Hi folks,

Latest update from Google is - Google search is now even bigger. Google has made the search box, search box text and the ‘Google Search’ and ‘I’m Feeling Lucky’ buttons bigger. The bigger search box will show both on the home page and on the top of Google’s search results pages.

Google’s Marissa Mayer says the bigger search box is better because the text you type is larger, and the Google Suggest dropdown text is also bigger.

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:09 pm
by mrandrei
Really? I haven't noticed that. Well, that sounds awesome. A larger Google search box text is better!

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 am
by anguilafan
Yep, saw it as well. Like it!

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:31 am
by shakir
Yh found today....good and may be Google wants to fill something in the empty spaces in homepage

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:16 pm
by rayter
I really like the new search box! It's bigger and better. Google never fails to impress me.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:01 am
by VladTepes
Besides, Google's homepage is so neat with only few links..

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:30 am
by seo.doc
Another improvement from Google. I like the idea of going direct to the homepage of the top site that ranks on the particular query once you click the i'm feeling lucky button.

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 pm
by cecille20
I didn't even notice it, until I read this thread. Well, this is a good advantage in any site that remain no. 1 in Google. So guys? What are we waiting for? We need more work ;) Thanks for the update sam09

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:37 pm
by KrazyG
Ah yeah I noticed that search box too... not bad though...

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:07 pm
by Dave011
I didn't notice that to where did you hear or read that?did they also widen the text to be including in search box?

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:18 am
by investment066
Yes I saw that. But what difference does it make actually?

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:32 am
by andrewsmith
Ya, Google knows the behaviour of their users that's why it has more users than other search engines!

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:25 am
by sfwsn
I noticed the change. But I really don't think it is a big improvement. The original box and font size are big enough for me.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:14 am
by zmonique2007
Yeah! Great improvement for Google. Google has always been first and foremost about search, and committed to building and powering the best search on the web.


:oops: