Page 1 of 2
Checking your google ranking
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:53 am
by jackie
I recently watched a video about checking your search engine ranking which explains that you might not be listed as high as you think you are because Google personalises the results and lists websites that you visit regularly higher than ones that you've not visited before.
I don't think that is quite right though. From my understanding Google only does that if you are using the Web History on your Google account. Does anybody else have any experience of this?
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 pm
by rayter
Search results in Google are different whenever you log into your account. Sign out first before you check your ranking to get a much more accurate data.
Posted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 pm
by betty
Sometimes if you check google ranking when you are logged in then it might be possible such changes are seen.
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:48 pm
by mrandrei
Ranking in Google is never stable. It keeps on changing from time to time. If you want to get the most accurate search results, clear your cookies and web history first.
Posted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:29 pm
by KrazyG
Rankings may also differ from the data center of Google. So if your site is not as stable as the others, you may not always see your site on the same rank on the search results...
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:45 am
by Angelica13
Yeah I agree with Krazy G mention above. Since I notice it when I'm asking my cousin about my rank. So it really depends on the data center.
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:42 am
by nichita2008
This is a very useful different datacenter rank tool:
http://www.bad-neighborhood.com/google- ... -check.htm You cen use it for determine which are the positions in different DC's.
Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:23 am
by moonheart
Google changes their algorithm, I also experience with it. Sometime my blog come to very top and sometime its rank gone down.
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:11 am
by milosgroup
Thanks for sharing everyone, great posts here. Useful for newbie like me.
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:09 am
by gomziwms45
I couldn't get a clear idea of what you are talking about. Infact, I don't know hot to check the google ranking of my website. Can you please help me out?
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:50 am
by web123
google always changes its techniques.
Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:17 am
by cars
it depends who posted on youtube. some just put wrong info on there to make their service sell.
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:19 am
by sesuna
Include a site map page. Spiders can index pages that can be crawled. A site map will help spiders find all the important pages on your site, and help the spider understand your site hierarchy. This is especially helpful if your site has a hard-to-crawl navigation menu. If your site is large, make several site map pages. Keep each one to less than 100 links. I tell clients 75 is the maximum to be safe.
nyc asian escort:
http://www.nycescortasian.com/
tel : 648-808-6268
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:26 am
by YooHee
your google ranking will depend on what you did to increase your ranking, there are some methods that are really helpful in making your ranking higher...
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:34 am
by hamidhamid1985
I am not sure about it but its not impossible. Maybe its true.