Page 1 of 2
Google update in the end of October 2009! lost backlinks!
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:23 pm
by danviettravel
Hi,
I have just found out that Google updated the page rank in the end of October 2009! Did you pay attention to this event?
This update time, my website could not get a a better page rank (stilt 3/10 on the homepage), but it was bad for my site when the sub-page lost the page rank 2/10.
Just after one day of the update, I could see I lost a lot of backlinks. On 30 Oct, I checked and my site had 53 backlinks. But on 31 Oct it had only 19 backlinks!
Can you tell me what is the main problem here?
I think my link partners deleted my link on their sites when they found out my sub-page for the link exchange lost the page rank!
Do you know how I can check my link on their sites to see if it is live or has been removed?
Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:09 pm
by Salamanda
check your backlinks in yahoo rather than google as they show a much more real account of your backlinks. This way you can see whether others are still linking to you too.
I wouldn't worry too much about lost pagerank anyway, just keep getting those links and you'll get it back in no time.
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:30 am
by acwebguru
Yes, some of my websites have got high pr and some of them have lost. It is an overall good result. It seems that Google has brought some changes in its algo and this is the reason why some of us have noticed that the number of links has reduced.
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:35 am
by shakir
In this updation found many sites degraded, degrease PR, BL and even my many sites degraded....May be Google doing some filtration on it
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:33 pm
by rayter
If your ranking is doing fine, there's nothing to worry about even if your backlinks have decreased.
Btw, you can use backlinkwatch to check all your backlinks!
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:01 am
by luxury_homes
go on yahoo and check you backlinks there... u will have a better picture as yahoo is realtime
Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:41 am
by MasEDI
i didnt know too, sam issue with there, it's issued that Google have fault with the PR update, once of my friends blog that not updated again gained PR 4, but the one with updated frequently only get PR 2

. many blogger also confused on it, the last rumour before this Nov update is PR will be unused from Google
What's the next rumour?

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:48 pm
by KrazyG
My blog that has not been optimized and link build gained a PR1 but lost backlinks while the other site that I am working on didn't get any PR but gained a few backlinks. I also lost a few backlinks on some of my handled sites. And it is a bit weird.

Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:41 am
by jeff collision
There is no change in PR for my website after update..
I strongly recommended you to use yahoo site explored to check your website's backlink.. Google won't give the exact number of backlinks - but u can trust Yahoo in this rather than Google..
Re: Google update in the end of October 2009! lost backlinks
Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:20 pm
by solar_power
danviettravel wrote:Hi,
I have just found out that Google updated the page rank in the end of October 2009! Did you pay attention to this event?
This update time, my website could not get a a better page rank (stilt 3/10 on the homepage), but it was bad for my site when the sub-page lost the page rank 2/10.
Just after one day of the update, I could see I lost a lot of backlinks. On 30 Oct, I checked and my site had 53 backlinks. But on 31 Oct it had only 19 backlinks!
Can you tell me what is the main problem here?
I think my link partners deleted my link on their sites when they found out my sub-page for the link exchange lost the page rank!
Do you know how I can check my link on their sites to see if it is live or has been removed?
Check your backlinks again, maybe it's just a part fo backlinks update.
Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:46 am
by cecille20
Yeah I also notice this. Google already index my quality link. I was wondering guys if were was your quality links come from?

Posted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:27 pm
by foryourlawyer
Ya, I got PR for my personal blogs.
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:27 am
by latetiya
I also got PR for my site which have only backlinks no content.
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:04 pm
by mikejoel
yeah i noticed that my pr's to my sites are back
Posted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:18 pm
by hamidhamid1985
My pagerank has been increased one step.
