Page 1 of 1

When I type Memphissigncompany.com I get other companies?

Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:40 pm
by Memphissigncompany.com
Why do the listings, for the search with the terms Memphis Sign Company come up with other companies? I thought that was fairly specific enough.

And also I use Yahoo site builder with Yahoo hosting the site but it does'nt show up immediately. Is this becauase it is new?

Stephanie

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:33 am
by cirquelodge
It's probably because other sign companies in memphis have the same search keywords on there pages but are better optimized then yours

A ha that makes partial sense to me.

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:56 pm
by Memphissigncompany.com
That makes partial sense to me and I will check their coding to see what tags they are using. Do you think it may also be due to this site being very very new ? I was under the impression that it can take weeks for searchengines to crawl your site for the first time. Like sometimes it can be 2 to 3 months before it starts to be more visible. Most of the other companies have been around for years.

I have started to establish some good clean link backs to the site and been manually submitting to various smaller search engines. I am worried that the big ones will think I am spamming if I submit more than once a week.
What do you think?s
Thanks for your suggestions Stephanie

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:15 am
by acwebguru
If you are searching with your domain name, you website tops but the fact is that there are some website which have also ranked with the same keyword. I think you have to build your organization's brand value online if you really want to make a significant difference in future.

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:34 am
by luxury_homes
its becoz you site is new and the other companies are older and using the same keywords and have optimized there site with better content and relative links... so i would suggest you to update or add new content with the keyword used but not spammed

Posted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:53 pm
by KrazyG
It can be a possibility that the site is new or the site is not yet indexed yet. Have you tried optimizing your site? Also, take time to research for your keywords, I don't think it is a good idea to use the company name where it is not popular and doesn't return any searches.

tell me about sponsored ads

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:57 pm
by Memphissigncompany.com
Now that the site is older and the search engines have crawled it, it is listed and is found more by more and more search engines.

Can you tell me if "SPONSORED ADS" are the reason why other companies that have different names come up before my site when I type in Memphis Sign Company in a search engine.

I have the same key words, same meta tags.

thanks stephanie r
memphissigncompany

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:37 pm
by virande
Hello,

I am newbie in this forum.
Thanks.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:53 pm
by Dave011
How old is your site?Is this already index by google?

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:32 am
by doomcashdown
Dave011 wrote:How old is your site?Is this already index by google?
It's 4 months old, according to http://www.whois-search.com/whois/www.m ... ompany.com

Code: Select all

   Domain Name: MEMPHISSIGNCOMPANY.COM
   Registrar: MELBOURNE IT, LTD. D/B/A INTERNET NAMES WORLDWIDE
   Whois Server: whois.melbourneit.com
   Referral URL: http://www.melbourneit.com
   Name Server: YNS1.YAHOO.COM
   Name Server: YNS2.YAHOO.COM
   Status: clientTransferProhibited
   Updated Date: 10-oct-2009
   Creation Date: 10-oct-2009
   Expiration Date: 10-oct-2010
Memphissigncompany.com wrote:Why do the listings, for the search with the terms Memphis Sign Company come up with other companies? I thought that was fairly specific enough.

And also I use Yahoo site builder with Yahoo hosting the site but it does'nt show up immediately. Is this becauase it is new?

Stephanie
You need to optimize your website further.