Page 1 of 1

HTTPS really worth it

Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:53 am
by Cranny22
Hi there

I am reading that converting my website http://www.smartinsure.co.nz to https improves rankings within google organic - is this definitely true and if so do I host a http and https or just point everything to https. I assume this won't affect my backlinks which currently point to http site.

Thanks

Re: HTTPS really worth it

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:37 pm
by Cranny22
My webguy has converted my website over to https://smartinsure.co.nz from http:/ in a matter of a few days Ahrefs showed the homepage URL to drop from 28 to 10 - the Domain Rating has remained the same. There has been several position drops in keywords such as Life Insurance as well - just wondered if I have missed something - could be to do with internal links perhaps.