Page 1 of 3
Page rank is still important?
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:02 am
by tina123
I heard somebody said that google will cancel the page rank issue. and we are still take page rank into consideration to link exchange, to measure a site good or not.
the question is, after google cancel page rank, is it still important for us?
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:09 am
by hamidhamid1985
I don't think that Google cancel it. Only Google decreases it's effect on rankings.
Re: Page rank is still important?
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:44 am
by therence
tina123 wrote:I heard somebody said that google will cancel the page rank issue. and we are still take page rank into consideration to link exchange, to measure a site good or not.
the question is, after google cancel page rank, is it still important for us?
We consider PR for us to know what certain pages ranks most. They only want us to know that we don't need to obsess and starved a lot on it.
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:00 am
by Angelica13
IMO, Page rank is still important because it will serves as a good asset of your site. And webmaster will love to do an exchange link if you have a good PR.

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:53 am
by cecille20
I also believe that PR is still important. Because having a good PR is a big factor in SEO.

Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:45 pm
by KrazyG
Not actually "cancel".. they just removed it on their toolbar to remind us not to focus totally on that green bar.
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:45 pm
by wildnettechnologies
In my opinion google will not terminate PR issue, but already we know PR is the only way to decide the importance of the page and if your website is good enough then you will be have a good PR too.
Posted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:47 am
by jeff collision
I agree that PR is important to value any site or to know the quality of any site but its not everything..
You should concentrate on backlink, content more rather that PR - and more over if you have quality content and relevant backlink - you will get nice PR.
I suggest you to work for your site's content and backlink rather than looking at PR...
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:11 am
by peter11
I think yes it still important, that's the way how you can measure your link building process, if it's effective or need more effort.
Posted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:24 am
by royalroofing
I dont think Google will cancel their PR algorithm, and what I think is that they will stop displaying the page rank of sites to reduce the competiting between webmasters.
Posted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:23 am
by foryourlawyer
peter11 wrote:I think yes it still important, that's the way how you can measure your link building process, if it's effective or need more effort.
Yes, still important PR.
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:31 am
by akai10
I dont think they can stop displaying pr...any and every site owner take the pr to be very important atleast to know where their site stands in the race
Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:57 pm
by TeamKona
Traffic for any site is whats important, one of my site's used to be a PR4 but had almost no traffic... Its now a PR1, has hugely increased in the SERPS and these days gets almost 12x the traffic.
PR is easy to manipulate, and is not a indication of how good a site is
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:57 pm
by mdamin76
Google just suggested that we should not only work on our PR. There's other things that we need to work for.
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:45 am
by ForumMaster
I don't think that Google cancel page rank but page rank is not more important.
Nowadays Visitor is most important for website.