Page 1 of 1

Which books or reference should I read?

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:02 pm
by groove
Hi all ,i am a new seoer,now my website has been online more than 2 month and my pagerank is still 0, i want to read a good book or other reference about seo in order to improve my SEO level,could you recommend one ?Thanks a lot

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:06 pm
by rayter
The Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide by Google is a good reference, especially for newbies. You can download it for free.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:36 am
by madness222
rayter wrote:The Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide by Google is a good reference, especially for newbies. You can download it for free.
I agree with this one, because it is also my guide in SEO when I was starting to learn SEO.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:50 pm
by popo256
Search some articles on Google they can help you increase your knowledge about search engine optimization.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 am
by doomcashdown
Try browsing seomoz.org for SEO tips and articles that could help you optimize your site better. Also check out Matt Cutts' blog posts in SEO at www.mattcutts.com/blog/type/googleseo/

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:52 am
by cecille20
If you want book, try the Get to the top on Google by david viney..

I have it and I find it very useful, sometimes reading books is more effective because it doesn't hurt your eyes unlike reading it in computer. Or else, participating in webmaster forums really helps.

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:43 pm
by VladTepes
But first, don't forget to pass by on Google's ultimate guidelines in ranking (ranking instead of PR)..

http://www.google.com/support/webmaster ... swer=35769

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:29 am
by popo256
Don't expect too much, because Google always update it's PR every 3 months.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:56 am
by chauhan
Try to get quality backlink for your website and wait because its takes time based upon popularity of your website.

And this forum is enough to learn about SEO.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:56 am
by royalroofing
I dont learn SEO from books.
There are a whole lots of free SEO tips available on the web that I should opt into learning SEO from books.
Go to a search engine like Google and search for a term like "best SEO tip" and you will be surprised at what you will find.