Page 1 of 1

Images not showing in Google

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:05 pm
by groove
Hi everyone

I have recently put a website online. It has been on for about 2/3 weeks. Google picks it up reasonably well in a search and I have submitted a sitemap. So far I haven't let anyone know this website exists as i wanted to get the functionality up to scratch first. I am currently working offline on the design to make it look lovely. Once I have done that I will advertise it, however at the moment I dont see the point as Google doesn't seem to be picking up on my pictures. The website is a photography site where you can order a photo from my collection. I have tried very hard to make the images seen but think I must be missing something. Can anyone help at all? Do I just need to wait a long time??? PhotoLibraryAbout.html Please remember to excuse the temp design!

Many thanks and hope to hear from somebody soon

Posted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:04 pm
by rayter
It takes time before Google picks up all images of a site. Just wait. I suggest you put relevant tags to it.

Posted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:15 pm
by popo256
I agree on his answer. Putting tags on each photo can help your website to be crawled by Google. 8)

Hi friend

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 am
by franky123
Google take time to crawl images of new sites. You should use "alt" tag in image coding as well as using 450x450 pix size will be better. Besides it, submit your sites in social bookmarking sites such as digg, stumbleupon, mixx etc. will help you.

Posted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:11 am
by Alex.M
agree with franky

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:28 am
by wildnettechnologies
Optimize your images.. like put alternate text, name your image as your keyword name etc..

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:53 am
by doomcashdown
First of all, the page that contains the images should be static so that Google can index the page that contains your images. Then you should put alt="" attribute to your images because Google cannot read pure images, but with the alt attribute, Google will recognize it as the name of the image. Another thing is that if you mount your images in a flash application, Google might not likely index it.

Posted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:00 pm
by Autsch
It might takes a time even Google pick up the pictures in your blog, I suggest you put relevants tags.

Re: Images not showing in Google

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:16 am
by probafix
Google images work properly in firefox...try this.