Page 1 of 1
How can I get my site in the top 10 on google?
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:30 am
by john
Hello I would like to promote my site. But I dont know whats the best meta tag to use so I can have my site on the top ranks.
is there a way to do it for free?
Re: How can I get my site in the top 10 on google?
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:50 pm
by Stig
Hi John,
I`m not an expert on Google but here is my advise,
You do not need Keywords in meta tags, but make sure you have them in your "TITLE"
If you have text, make sure your keywords are in bold, italic or have underline.
example: TITLE: John the carpenter - hammer, nail, saw, house.
Text: Start with: John the carpenter uses hammer and nail when building a house. You can rewrite the text, use your keywords now and then, but not more than 7 times. Sometimes its called spamming.
-Write something with house.
-Write something with hammer and so on..
Have at least 4-5 hyperlinks in your text.
Keywords in the IMG Alt tags
Keywords in the Anchor tags
Keywords on page
Don`t overdo it with keywords
On the bottom of every page, write your keywords in bold
- hammer, nail, saw, house etc.
If you have a competitor, use his keywords also.
I use
http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer and Web CEO. Now I`m no.1-5 @ google with several keywords. PageRank 1 after 6 weeks. My competitor got PageRank 4. I`ve spent many weeks in front of the computer trying to figure out how to do it.
From Norway - Stig

Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:12 am
by florence_taylor
Hey, i've recently registered with PR Altius. Its available at
http://www.thejavahub.com/products/praltius and seems exciting to me. Has anyone of you used it before and if yes what results have you obtained. Actually i was thinking to upgrade my free account to a paid one, but wanted to know more about the service before i did that.
I need some advice
Posted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:56 am
by affiliatecashmoney
Hey guys I am new to this. I just started my new website and now I think is where the real work starts because I need traffic...haha.
I have done some ppc for varies affiliate programs before and tried almost all the guaranteed visitors packages that are being sold online (that was the biggest waste of money by the way) I need advice on how to bring my site to some decent rankings on google and start having some traffic going through my site. Please advice
Posted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:12 pm
by probafix
For this you have to increase your visitors and Page Rank.
Through Article submission.
Directory submission.
Forum posting.
Blog comments.
Keyword searching.
+
social book marking sites help you.
Re: How can I get my site in the top 10 on google?
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 12:34 am
by Wishbone
john wrote:Hello I would like to promote my site. But I dont know whats the best meta tag to use so I can have my site on the top ranks.
is there a way to do it for free?
There are only few important tags you needed, mostly the Title, Description, robots, index follow are some you need to focus. But they are just part of the whole on-page activity you need to make your site better. Browse on Google for more information..
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:58 pm
by cfoo
You may start with studying which keywords is best for your site.
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:53 am
by SEOGuruNYC
Google offers a free keyword research tool which you can use to find out what other keywords or keyword phrases you need to optimize your site for if you want Google or other search engines to rank you higher.
Relevant backlinks from high ranked sites certainly will help as well.
Posted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:05 pm
by Dave011
just simply put your target keywords in your meta title and meta tags.
Posted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:22 am
by mdamin76
First, you'll need to identify which keywords would bring traffic to your site.
Re: How can I get my site in the top 10 on google?
Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:25 am
by purple
The process is not that fast u need to do various Seo techniques to rank your site in google's first page.
Re: How can I get my site in the top 10 on google?
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:19 am
by GuitarPrince
Simple answer: Do SEO and create the great content!
Re: How can I get my site in the top 10 on google?
Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:38 am
by powerhouse
Sure you can do that with Google's keyword tool in webmasters tool. More info at our site
Local Online Marketing