Page 1 of 2
Trying to get started with the basics of SEO
Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:46 pm
by nenene
Put every header in <H1> and put any subheaders in <H2>
Wrapped all my text bodies in <p>
Added alt and title to all my images
Added title to all my ul, li, a, ol, and H1, H2
Tried to put as much raw HTML in as possible
Got a sitemap.xml and submitted it to google
What are the other basics that I can go about helping with Google?
What else can I do now to help improve my website? Any websites I can use or services that help? I use ScrubTheWeb.com which analyzes my HTML and meta tags and shows me my page rank.
Re: Trying to get started with the basics of SEO
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:48 am
by doomcashdown
nenene wrote:Put every header in <H1> and put any subheaders in <H2>
Wrapped all my text bodies in <p>
Added alt and title to all my images
Added title to all my ul, li, a, ol, and H1, H2
Tried to put as much raw HTML in as possible
Got a sitemap.xml and submitted it to google
What are the other basics that I can go about helping with Google?
What else can I do now to help improve my website? Any websites I can use or services that help? I use ScrubTheWeb.com which analyzes my HTML and meta tags and shows me my page rank.
If you want to know every bit of the SEO basics, then you can go to the Official Google Webmaster Central Blog for their Google's Starter SEO Guide. Here is the link:
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot. ... guide.html
Re: Trying to get started with the basics of SEO
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:26 am
by kevinkarl
Nice Post. Thanks For Sharing the Links. It's really Useful.
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:38 am
by cecille20
doomcashdown is right! :)For additional information you can try to participate in all webmaster forums about SEO. It can help you to understand the real process of SEO.
Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:06 pm
by medbook
Nice Post. Thanks For Sharing the Links. It's really Useful.
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:13 am
by KrazyG
I don't think or consider it as a big part of SEO... Maybe content optimization can be the right term for that.
Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:42 am
by ramirezhenry55
Nice tip for onpage optimization.After making this in your website its time to market your site the different social networking sites, forums and blogs.
Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:32 am
by popo256
Understanding on-page optimization is the starting point of SEO. Thank you for sharing your own tips and strategy.
Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:56 pm
by dirtmaster
Good tips for the noobies. thanks.
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:01 am
by khai
1. update your content
2. backlink

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:05 am
by idolfanforum
thankd for the info. I'm struggling a bit with the idea of putting together a good meta description, any ideas??
Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:06 pm
by financialresources101
I would like to make an addition to this, many business owners are so concerned with increasing their site rank that they do not bother about the content. Writing good content is the key and if the website owner really wants to promote the business online, then he/she must hire a professional to write the stuff.
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:47 am
by wildnettechnologies
But now so many factors have come which we have to follow to getting rank high in search engines.
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:27 am
by royalroofing
You may not be aware of the jeyword stuffing rule.
Be carefull not to get your site "keywordstuffed" because it will do your site more harm than good in the SERPs.
Re: Trying to get started with the basics of SEO
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:36 pm
by chauhan
nenene wrote:Put every header in <H1> and put any subheaders in <H2>
Wrapped all my text bodies in <p>
Added alt and title to all my images
Added title to all my ul, li, a, ol, and H1, H2
Tried to put as much raw HTML in as possible
Got a sitemap.xml and submitted it to google
What are the other basics that I can go about helping with Google?
What else can I do now to help improve my website? Any websites I can use or services that help? I use ScrubTheWeb.com which analyzes my HTML and meta tags and shows me my page rank.
Can I tell you How put signature in forum ?