Page 1 of 1

Feels like my site is bobbing up and down

Posted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:51 pm
by nenene
Hi All

Last week all my pages seemed down and were dropping down to 3rd-4th page I questioned my strategy, wondered what I was doing wrong etc.

This week i've got a higher number of first pages than ever before and my rankings are improving..

It feels like the whole site is bobbing up and down like it's on a tide!

I don't do anything blackhat or underhand, it's a well established site with decent levels of traffic.

Does anyone else get this?

Re: Feels like my site is bobbing up and down

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:51 am
by doomcashdown
nenene wrote:Hi All

Last week all my pages seemed down and were dropping down to 3rd-4th page I questioned my strategy, wondered what I was doing wrong etc.

This week i've got a higher number of first pages than ever before and my rankings are improving..

It feels like the whole site is bobbing up and down like it's on a tide!

I don't do anything blackhat or underhand, it's a well established site with decent levels of traffic.

Does anyone else get this?
It's only natural, especially if you have lots of competition in your target keywords. That's why optimization should never cease and should be done constantly.

Posted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:47 am
by cecille20
Yeah its really normal. That's called competition. Because your competitors also do their best to improve their rankings. So keep on maintaining your position by continue gaining your baclinks. :)

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:03 am
by Alex.M
it`s normal,you are not alone in google :|

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:31 am
by popo256
Try to check your links. I guess there is something wrong in building your links. You can use Yahoo site explorer and backlinkwatch to check it out.