Page 1 of 1

Google Public DNS

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:45 pm
by VladTepes
Anyone heard about/used Google public DNS? They say it's for speed up of browsing..

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web's infrastructure, serving as the Internet's phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading, so your computer may be performing hundreds of lookups a day.

Re: Google Public DNS

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 am
by searchmaniac
Hello, there is a full article on http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... c-dns.html

Bye
VladTepes wrote:Anyone heard about/used Google public DNS? They say it's for speed up of browsing..

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
The DNS protocol is an important part of the web's infrastructure, serving as the Internet's phone book: every time you visit a website, your computer performs a DNS lookup. Complex pages often require multiple DNS lookups before they start loading, so your computer may be performing hundreds of lookups a day.

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:21 pm
by KrazyG
I read about this yesterday when I was browsing Google blog. I haven't tried this one yet and I am not really sure if I will try. Anyone of you here have tried it?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:37 am
by madness222
I only seen it here! Thanks for the update. Well I think it gives a big help for webmaster to modify quickly every site they trying to navigate...