Page 1 of 1
How Do I Keep My Privacy While Using Google?
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:10 pm
by alandandrew
Hi,
"I use Google all the time. Google's services are fast, easy to use and usually reliable. At the same time, I know Google is tracking everything I do; I can see it in search results or their ads on web pages, which tend to match my interests. After the recent post by Mozilla's community director suggesting Bing has a better privacy policy (a response to questionable comments from Google CEO Eric Schmidt), I started to... 'Google' ways of keeping my private data safe while browsing and using Google services. The results weren't very helpful, so I ask you, how do I stay anonymous to Google while using their services?"
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:15 pm
by SanWay
You can give answers not typical to yours. For example, if the question is 'What is your best color?' Answer 'Black' when infact it is 'White'.
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:42 pm
by rayter
Why do you want to be anonymous in the first place? I find that absurd. There's no trick to stay anonymous if you want to use Google services like Webmaster tools, Analytics, etc.
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:36 am
by VladTepes
Maybe you can adjust a little on how you would search that Google might get a reference based on IP you have. Try some serp checking sites or use proxy sites so Google will not include your details as reference of the results.
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:20 am
by Sikhar
yes this is tru that cached everything and we have to accept his TOC but for our privacy if we keep our unwanted links in some frame, javascript and query string you can use it this you can try
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:22 pm
by freedomone
I can't answer your questions since your accounts created through the net will be crawled and shown to the public by Google.
Posted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:53 am
by Organs
Install a robot.txt to keep Google and other search engines from the content you want to be private.
Re: How Do I Keep My Privacy While Using Google?
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 pm
by proxyjacob
alandandrew wrote:Hi,
"I use Google all the time. Google's services are fast, easy to use and usually reliable. At the same time, I know Google is tracking everything I do; I can see it in search results or their ads on web pages, which tend to match my interests. After the recent post by Mozilla's community director suggesting Bing has a better privacy policy (a response to questionable comments from Google CEO Eric Schmidt), I started to... 'Google' ways of keeping my private data safe while browsing and using Google services. The results weren't very helpful, so I ask you, how do I stay anonymous to Google while using their services?"
One of the best solutions for fancying Google is to use proxy sites. I know that you're protecting your identity and profile. If you use software that can hide your IP, it's safe to say that your identity won't be stolen or hacked.
Re: How Do I Keep My Privacy While Using Google?
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 am
by jupiterpitter
You can keep a privacy while using google for that you have to follow the rules and regulation given by google by this you can keep privacy on google just answer some question asked by google.
Re: How Do I Keep My Privacy While Using Google?
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:26 am
by Saabs
Google is the best spy in the world

Re: How Do I Keep My Privacy While Using Google?
Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:41 pm
by animalsmile
Always be signed out when browsing, also clear your cookies and history.