Page 1 of 1

Discovery: With or without the "www" it's all the

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 5:09 am
by dilipsam
Hi folks,

With or without the "www" it's all the same PR

Did anybody notice this? I just discovered that Google has cracked down on this issue: with or without www

domainname.com and www.domainname.com were two different sites for Google. Not anymore!!! Just try this out with your own wbesites, check the PR with or without "www" and give me your feedback. IMHO, this is a major advancement. I have seen sites that had taken advantage of this, for example, domainname.com/resources/ pointing to www.domainname.com does a favor to the website, doesn't it? Well, not anymore and I'm glad that Google did some thinking about this problem and has finally come out with a good solution.

Regards,
Dilip Samuel

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:43 am
by suremai
Hi
I got the similar PageRank while using my official website with and without “www”. It may be that google can crawl the domain name in anyway.

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:53 am
by YooHee
i think it'll be the same with or without "WWW"....

but i think sometimes links without "www" becomes a broken link :D

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:57 am
by sjenkins
Google is coming out with new Connical listing tag to help resolve that.

Webmaster tools also lets you choose which to prefer.

But technically they are 2 different sites

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:48 am
by sonic333
I agree you should treat them as separate for now and make sure every link on your site follows the same format.

Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:13 pm
by rayter
You should make a site redirect. In the most basic form, it is used to redirect the traffic from 1 domain name to another.