Page 1 of 2

The top two Google ranking factors

Posted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:31 pm
by ketawabebas
The top two Google ranking factors are:

1. PageRank
2. Incoming Text Link Keywords

I'll explain each in more detail and what you MUST do to maximize the effectiveness of each element.

1. PageRank

PageRank is determined by the number and quality of links to a page. Both the quantity and quality of text links are important. Always try to get links from web pages with a PageRank rating of at least four.

Concentrate on getting as many different quality sites as possible to link to one page on your site, usually your home page. Do not spread the links to different pages. This will maximize the PageRank of your main page, plus those of the subpages.

2. Incoming Text Link Keywords

ALWAYS provide text links for linking to your site. Avoid image links.

Google does index image links, but without any text for it to index, it won't help your link popularity rating for your important keywords.

In addition:

1. Include the most important keyword phrase in the text link, using the EXACT spelling.
2. Do not pluralize the keyword phrase, if people usually search the singular version of the phrase. And vice versa.
3. Avoid excess words, where possible.
4. The linked to page MUST have the text link keywords in the body of the page, otherwise Google will discount the page.
5. Include the text link keywords within the title tag of the linked to page. It is possible for a page without the text link keywords in the title tag to get top rankings. But I have discovered that around 80% of top 10 rankings have the text link keywords in the title tag, so always include it.

Well, there you have it. Those are what I consider the two most important ranking factors used by Google. Other factors are considered by Google, but their importance pales in comparison to the two I have discussed in this article.

Follow these tips whenever you optimize your web pages and they will quickly shoot up the Google rankings.

More Internet Marketing Stuff and useful strategy at:
http://supergirloninternetmarketing.blogspot.com/

Thanks

Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:42 pm
by ketlin
Hi,
I am Ketlin and I want to say thanks to you for sharing very useful information with us.
I want to know about this factor of ranking but I could not find such a useful and easy
to understand information from anywhere which you have shared here.Thanks again
for information and share more information with us.

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:34 am
by madness222
Very nice information, but avoiding image links, I think this is wrong because base on my experience images can produce my site traffic as well as page rank, actually i got more traffic from my images than to my text link keywords...

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:27 am
by cecille20
I agree with the information and I'm on that process now :)

2. Incoming Text Link Keywords

This is what I'm focusing now and if you're doing great here PR will follow. :wink: [/b]

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:44 am
by freedomone
That is the main purpose why many businesses want their website to be optimized well.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:25 am
by Organs
very informative article, thanks for sharing.

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:29 am
by Menzess
Amazing thread,best resource or guideline about Google page rank.Thanks. :D

Posted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:20 pm
by 24ondemand
Absolutely these two are very important factors

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:46 am
by mickeyy
Yup I must say! That is one long and good read! I'm still reading it step by step and modified my website accordingly! Great thanks and I even given you + reputation!

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:51 pm
by potsyn
Having quality content (fresh, interesting and unique) together with creating quality of inbound links (social bookmarking and networking, blog commenting, article submission, etc.) is the best thing to do.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:05 am
by Chemist
ishie wrote:No way! PageRank is NOT in anyway related to ranking. It's a parameter that has nothing to do with SERP.
yes i agree with you. PR is not related to ranking or serp's from any way.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 am
by khai
thank you friend, this post very useful :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:47 pm
by Dave011
Thanks! I've been doing that for a long time and it still work but it hard to get back links from PR 4 page. Can you share some style to get back links on PR 4 related page.

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm
by mekongtours
I think "Incoming Text Link Keywords" is the right time "PageRank" not entirely correct.
have low PR pages, but how effective is ranked higher than the high PR site. Experience shows that the link you created, not necessarily the PR.

Happy if these comments.

The top two Google ranking factors

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:03 am
by linkmoko
Well said. Thanks for sharing this to us for the top two Google ranking factors. I would definitely agree with that two ranking factor.