Page 1 of 1

Google Spiders on phpBB Forums -this is a Google101 Question

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:33 pm
by ScrapbookSupplies
I am extremely new to phpBB and all related (still some dampness behind the ears), and I was so worried about Google finding us - getting meta tags in...

Well, before I mastered that task (still do not know how to insert the meta tags) I found that Google is constantly on our site. Now I am wondering if this is something that I should be concerned about?

Are we doing something wrong? Do we need to add content? The forum is extremely small (less than 40 members and just over 400 posts), but Google is spidering the site (which I can see from the admin side) many, many times per day. Is it looking for something specific? Should we add something or take something away? Is this hurting us or helping us?

Can any one give me a heads up?

Thanks so much!
Jeanne

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:29 pm
by dvduval
I would say you might want to do a little work with your title tags so the post title is the first thing listed in the title tag, and the same thing with category titles. In general, you just need to build pagerank and incoming links.

Posted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:53 am
by ScrapbookSupplies
Do you mean updating the meta tags?

Jeanne

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:06 am
by guruananth
Update the Tag Name <title>

___________________________________________
Bulk SMS|
kannada Songs

Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:30 pm
by VladTepes
Seems like your site is in good side of being loved by bots. It is good time to put more high quality content for spiders to crawl and fetch...

Posted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:19 am
by renet
I agree - keep putting up good quality content and I would even recommend building more inbound links to the forum. Get some links to each major topic - catagory in the forum.

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:00 pm
by meanmachine29
why are you giving advice like that?
Its a forum, meta tag will not help. just set your link out to no (just for a bit) and you will build automatically. add a feed, that helps, and make sure your title tag is relivent and strong.

Posted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:11 pm
by dreammissu
In general, you just need to build pagerank and incoming links.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:13 pm
by VladTepes
submit wrote:You should install this SEO MOD:
Able2Know.com SEO 2.0.0
http://www.able2know.com/forums/about15132.html

It will make your forum search engine friendly. We use this mod here in our forum.
Pretty interesting, thanks!