Page 1 of 2

What does sandboxed mean?

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:15 am
by jason
Hi,
Can anyone help, I have been tring to get my sites ranking up by adding it to directories, forums, articles sites, relevent sites ect but google or alexa doesnt seem to notice. Does this take a long time to be detected or am I doing something wrong? Am i sandboxed? What does sandboxed mean?

All help would be much appriciated as im taking up hours to do this which I dont mind as long as im not wasting my time and I get some results eventually.

many thanks
http://www.golffinder.co.uk/

What does sandboxed mean?

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:51 am
by thusharaherath
Sandboxed means, the time that it takes for a new site to become searchable in Google. I think you should add more content to your site. It will help you to get higher ranking.

More content

Posted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:58 am
by jason
Hi thanks,
my site has been here a while now so I dont think its sandboxed.
When you say " more content" do you mean more text on the homepage? I have hundreds of pages on the site but they are mainly addresses of UK Golf courses and links to other golf related sites such as Golf Holidays, Golf Equipment, Golf News etc.

Is it more text I need to add to my homepage to help my ranking?

http://www.golffinder.co.uk/

More content

Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:52 am
by thusharaherath
Only by linking to other sites you can't get high ranking. You need to add more content to your home page as well as other pages within your site. And try to make some interlinks within those pages. It will help you to get better results.

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:05 am
by AfricanMango1
I think your site is fine. You are not sandboxes and have 280 pages indexed in Google. The reason why you're not ranking is because you're competing with sites with a strong popularity that have been there for ages. I made a search for "UK golf courses" and saw a strong competition, and is difficult and takes a long time to overtake people that have been building the popularity over years.

Thanks

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:29 am
by jason
Thanks for that! So basicaly I need to get as many links into mysite as possible?
I am re-designing the layout of the site and I will have it so the homepage will have text changes on it everyday, will this help the page ranking?

http://www.golffinder.co.uk

Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 pm
by Eavesy
A listing in the Yahoo directory can help with getting a site out of the sandbox, that and plenty of other links (votes) as well.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:19 am
by weblaunchphxx
If you add more text realated to your product or services on your home page it means no flash and less graphics then there is more chance to get good ranking in SERP.

What is sandbox..

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:57 am
by nivea_david
Visit this link to know know about sandbox and how much time it takes to come out of it....

http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Google-Sa ... d&id=17781

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:07 am
by DuncanWhite
Hi friends,

I am new here and want to get information about increase keyword ranking.

http://www.forgan.co.uk/

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:09 am
by FLIR thermal imaging
Hi Guyz!

I have been facing same problem for last 3 months.

Thanks for suggest me.

Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:22 am
by paydayloansonlines
hmm.... how can you find out your site sandboxed...
is there any specific tool to find out the sandbox....
_________________

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:07 pm
by VladTepes
paydayloansonlines wrote:hmm.... how can you find out your site sandboxed...
is there any specific tool to find out the sandbox....
_________________
Most people do improving the sites contents, design and linking structure to give fresh look for their site both for users and search engines. Also staying out with the wrong practice or bad promoting methods.

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 9:50 pm
by analucia12
If I'm not mistaken, sandbox doesn't exist anymore, because in my experience, my new sites ranked well in some competitive keywords and they stayed long. The secret is the content, and the quality of links.