Page 1 of 1
Page Rank Update?
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:14 pm
by viradian
My Site, My Pillow Place, has not had PageRank for several years. We got up to a PageRank 3 several years ago, and started to get some of our internal pages to have PageRank of 1 and 2 also.
Then one day, it all disappeared...and my site just completely lost all pagerank on every page. This did not, however, affect our keyword listings, which were pretty good. But I could never figure out why we lost our PR. I do everything cleanly and honestly.
I began exchanging links like crazy through a link exchange directory a few months ago. Finally, after many moons, Google has finally given us a PageRank again...including many internal pages. This is awesome.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:52 pm
by ChiefLee
I'm glad you're happy but why do you care about your pagerank? You should care about your SERPs, traffic, conversions and sales. Pagerank really means nothing.
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:59 pm
by Dave011
try to re submit your site, I also have site that got PR 3 and now its PR 0 the all the way...
Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:04 pm
by Sunnyalo
If you have the same SERP as before,then you don't need to worry about PR. Any way atlast you achieved the PR so congrats.
May be you have lost one of the important backlink at that time and that may result the PR bleeding , just a guess only.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:22 am
by Wishbone
That's nice achievement for you, and another justification of result from right and appropriate way of building links.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:14 am
by viradian
I guess I should have clarified my point. PageRank does mean nothing to me, but there are some sites that won't trade links with you if you have a PageRank of zero.
My traffic has steadily increased and so far in 2010, I'm seeing record sales for the months of January and February, in spite of this horrible economy.
And my top keywords are still listed number 1 in Google, where they have been for the last several years.
My excitement over an increased PageRank is more because I thought Google was trying to tell me something. There was no reason for my Pagerank to go from 3 to 0 several years ago and then keep it there for the last several years.
But it seems that my site is back in Google's favor.
Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:22 pm
by jimmy
Hello,
PageRank is just one process out there for measuring the importance of a web page. Others have followed.
From hereon in, it gets more and more complicated behind the scenes but the above gives you an overview of what it is.
So how can website owners improve their own page ranks? Here are just a few suggestions:
• Include useful high-quality information on your site
• Submit your site to various web directories and reference sites
• Publicise your site to everyone with whom you communicate
• Write a newsletter and send it out
• Provide an RSS feed
• Ask other high-quality websites to link to your website
• Check out a site before you link back
• Tell the press about your site
• Keep your website up and running
• Translate your website into foreign languages
• Search Google for your website
• Avoid devious tactics to improve your ranking - Google doesn't like it!
Thanks
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:44 am
by downloadvyp
that mean you lost your backlinks. anyway,you can have high rankings for your keywords without PR
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 am
by Ka-canor
Actually I need more SERp than PR but pagerank is a value of your site to Google that's why I also need it to.
Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:45 am
by rypher21
PR is a plus factor..the important thing is you get good traffics that leads to good conversion

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:58 am
by doomcashdown
Congratulations in gaining back your hard-earned PR. My site does not change its PR. It's still PR 3.