Page 1 of 1

Changing Keywords

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:19 pm
by WazaWeb
I bought ug2.com about 6 months ago and I have since developed it into an arcade games site because i have had a little bit of success with previous arcade sites.

Only trouble is Im really struggling with this one. Maybe due to the keywords I am chasing??
Games
Free Games
Car Games
Shooting Games


Yeah I know thats just being greedy goin for the big ones but i thought i would give it a shot.
Now I would like to know your thoughts on changing keywords and trying to rank for long tailed keywords.

Do you think it will damage my site?
Normally by now I have around 2k - 5k visitors per day but this ones struggling to hit 1k ?? :roll:

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:57 pm
by Dave011
you can target those keywords using long tail or random keywords...

ei: Free Car and Shooting Games

there you target all your keywords.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm
by Wishbone
With those keywords, I think the key there is the age of you site If you are going to compete with your new site, that's going to be a long run before you make it on desirable positions. Better think of new variations of those keywords and create very interesting topics about games to gain loyal visitors and hopefully recommend your site to their friends too.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:19 am
by dylan55
Try it in single word keyword then if unsuccessful, you can combine those keywords.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:16 am
by alex247
Always start with long keywords to reduce the competition. When your site gain enough site rank and reputation you can start using short keywords.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:41 am
by WazaWeb
Thanks heaps for the advice.
I have decided to target different keywords and changed my title tag.

Im going to try capital letters in my title for an experiment.
Prob not a great idea but i noticed a few sites that rank well doing it?

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:41 am
by doomcashdown
WazaWeb wrote:Thanks heaps for the advice.
I have decided to target different keywords and changed my title tag.

Im going to try capital letters in my title for an experiment.
Prob not a great idea but i noticed a few sites that rank well doing it?
Yeah, not bad. And I've noticed that your signature also agrees to what you initially suggested yourself, which is to use some long-tailed keywords with quite a high search volume.

Posted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:49 pm
by probafix
Any new way for searching keywords...

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:34 am
by dee_el07
Of course it will affect some bad changes. But having a long descriptive keyword is also effective especially if it's related to your targeted keyword.

Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:32 pm
by zunita78
It's better to get little traffics than nothing.

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:33 am
by hamidhamid1985
I think combined keywords are better for you as its a new domain

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:08 pm
by wuzhong
I think you need to use different title, description and keywords for different pages.For example "Chain of Fire|Free Games|...." for the title of Chain of Fire.

Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:50 pm
by khai
try using meta keywords :D :D :D