Page 1 of 1
Google webmaster tools vs Google SERP
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:58 am
by IntegratedS
Hello friends,
My question is that the results of Google webmaster tools search shows the different result of ranking and Google SERP shows the different result of ranking...Why is it like this?
Thanks fo reply
IntegratedS
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:17 am
by madness222
A while ago while am checking my rankings, there are no difference on its results. Maybe you are the only one who experienced it. You can try checking it later or maybe you have overlooked it.
Re: Google webmaster tools vs Google SERP
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:25 am
by doomcashdown
IntegratedS wrote:Hello friends,
My question is that the results of Google webmaster tools search shows the different result of ranking and Google SERP shows the different result of ranking...Why is it like this?
Thanks fo reply
IntegratedS
Google Webmaster Tools shows accurate results. I think it has something to do with your IP address that you are having different results. For example, even though you are using the international domain
www.google.com , it is possible that your IP address can be detected and thus Google will return a search based on your country IP. That's what I think. In that case, you have to try and search for your site on online SERP tools, such as rankchecker.net or sembiance.com
google index
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:42 pm
by peterko
Agree, it's very possible you see the difference between webmaster tools search and SERP due to the regional google search.
Have a great day
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:20 pm
by rayter
The search results differ because you're using different tools to check them. I personally prefer checking everything manually in Google search box. I don't use webmaster tools to check ranking.
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:31 pm
by mdamin76
It could possibly due to difference of data center at google.
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:58 pm
by Dave011
Did you check the date on google webmaster tool?Usually the results shown in google webmaster is not the actual position.
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:44 am
by baba
madness222 wrote:A while ago while am checking my rankings, there are no difference on its results. Maybe you are the only one who experienced it. You can try checking it later or maybe you have overlooked it.
I am also having the similar problem. I want to add one more thing which is. yesterday i checked my site cache and it was 21feb, today again i checked and it is showing 19feb. Why there is variation in Google Cache Date. Quick help would be appreciated.
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:32 am
by pauloscula
I have about the same problem..
Tried to logout from google when searching, but still got the same results from google.com
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:48 am
by virande
Google Webmaster Tools can give you some very technical information and provides you with detailed reports about your web pages' visibility on Google.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:42 am
by sammy
I never find the difference. Even now I checked and its same.
Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:08 pm
by testingwhiz
Google Ranking show current ranking
Google webmaster tools this show old ranking
due to this you get different ranking at both place .
Posted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:16 pm
by Christina K
My rankings are never how they appear when I do a Google search outside of the browser I am logged into Google in. For some reason my SERPS appear much higher when I logged in. Seems odd to me. I hope the rankings they show are national and not something relating to my region.
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:59 pm
by delnd
This might be course by google dance and the serp will always be temporary.