Page 1 of 1
Different ranking on Google on the same Google search
Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:08 pm
by danviettravel
Hi,
I have this question and I hope you guys can give me the answer.
I am in Vietnam and using Google.com to search key word "vietnam tours". The results came up and my site is number 5 ranking in the top 10 of the results.
But when I asked my friend in an another country to use the same Google.com to search that keyword then my site is number 14 ranking!
What is the reason? Can you explain this?
Thank you!
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:56 am
by jayseo
Yes, it happened. Searching results are depend on regions. You need to do more SEO if you want ranking in Google.com this is only the solution dear.
Posted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:42 pm
by Dave011
its only in data base issues, it shows different result on every data base.
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:10 pm
by triplezseoservices
Depend of different data center of google.
Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:41 pm
by danviettravel
Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 am
by Wishbone
Google has so many data centers and it more likely you two got results from different DC, they are usually not synchronized with their content so you got different result. When you are logged in in your google account is another reason...
Posted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:09 am
by doomcashdown
danviettravel wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!
Hello.
Here are my opinions (note: just opinions). The difference in rankings is probably because you had your personalized search enabled. You have to turn it off, or just log out of your Google account and then do the search. If it is still the same, then it is maybe because Google automatically detects some country specific words and makes them rank higher in the countries where the search has been executed. Also, it is possible that the domain Google.com detects IP addresses and tell what countries these IP addresses are located in. Thus, results may be close to what are the actual results in country domains.
If you want to rank higher for USA, then you have to build backlinks from sites that are hosted in the US.
Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:39 pm
by mrandrei
Google has different data centers and search results vary depending on location. That's the reason why that happens.
Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:29 am
by SEOGuruNYC
Google results are based on your location. Each country or region provides different set of results and this is to help the person searching.
Algo is designed to help the searcher to get most relevant results. Location is based on your IP address and cookies so I am not sure if removing cookies will help but Google Webmaster Tools actually has a section where you can see where your site comes up in the search results in various regions of the world.
if you are looking for US results then you need to make sure that you have a .com site and optimize accordingly.
Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:06 am
by niraj11122
There are similar problems which i face early year that indian google.com use the difference in usa for the same keyword, If you want to check the result which is country based than you should to have to use as a proxiside onlineanonmizar, google adword preview tool, the-clock.com etc.....
Posted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:21 pm
by chauhan
danviettravel wrote:Hi,
Thanks for your comments.
For an example: I searched a keyword "vietnam tours" here in Vietnam, my site came up number 4 ranking on the Google.com. But when my friend in USA searched the same keyword with the same Google.com then my site was number 14 ranking!
What should I do to improve my ranking for Google.com in USA?
Looking forward to hearing from you again!
First of all set your geographical location to USA in "Webmaster Tool" after that try to get quality backlinks from websites that are hosted in USA.
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:34 am
by wuzhong
Search results depend on region.
Re: Different ranking on Google on the same Google search
Posted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm
by my_misyel
danviettravel wrote:Hi,
I have this question and I hope you guys can give me the answer.
I am in Vietnam and using Google.com to search key word "vietnam tours". The results came up and my site is number 5 ranking in the top 10 of the results.
But when I asked my friend in an another country to use the same Google.com to search that keyword then my site is number 14 ranking!
What is the reason? Can you explain this?
Thank you!
Hi. Ofcourse, your search query depends on your IP, data center and location.
Posted: Tue May 18, 2010 4:14 am
by IntegratedS
It depends where we are using...Even I find the same problem....But thanks for the answer...
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:09 pm
by mdamin76
Google.com won't show same results as google.com.vn