Page 1 of 2
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 pm
by Dave011
I think its all about the link you gather after those month...try to build more powerful back links that would stick to the high PR you got.
Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:09 pm
by Wishbone
It's based on calculated PR value of your site and your backlinks accordingly to Google's PR algorithm. If your site serves better content plus quality backlinks, your site will become more important, hence your PR will rise..
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:51 am
by IntegratedS
I think Google update Pr in 3 to 4 months not every month....
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:13 am
by mdamin76
That's because google has made it visible to public on PR update early this month.
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:13 am
by doomcashdown
Google does this all the time. First they would grant high PR then they take it away or decrease it if they find your site to be insufficient for the PR they gave.
Posted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 am
by Blake
I usually don't worry about such things as it's quite normal to have such fluctuations, but if the page ranks falls sharply, then it's ok to do something.
Posted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:25 am
by mikejoel
support it with good back links!
Posted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:39 am
by easycash81
I do not worry about the PR at all . The only thing I would worry is if I am getting the traffic to my sites or not
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am
by SEOGuruNYC
Google has been tweaking their new set of algos for the last few weeks so I also noticed PR and search results placements changes.
One day it jumps to the first page then it drops to second page then third then back to first page. It's quiet nerve wrecking but if you stick with quality backlinks and content then it will be fine in the long run.
Posted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:08 am
by doomcashdown
SEOGuruNYC wrote:Google has been tweaking their new set of algos for the last few weeks so I also noticed PR and search results placements changes.
One day it jumps to the first page then it drops to second page then third then back to first page. It's quiet nerve wrecking but if you stick with quality backlinks and content then it will be fine in the long run.
Can't be helped. That's Google for you. It always happens, especially when Google is doing a lot of updates in the internal structure of the site.
Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:16 pm
by Ka-canor
Actually it happened to all site just build quality site regularly.
Posted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:30 pm
by probafix
It looks like Google is getting a regular schedule for the PageRank updated again though.
Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 5:25 am
by tom32
Loosing PR over time is a reality actually. It shows that we lost some of our strong backlinks over time or google devalued the link juice transmitted from some of the existing backlinks.
To avoid this we should be always working for link building.
Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:06 pm
by probafix
The content posted above is really interesting!!
Thanks for sharing...
Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm
by mdamin76
I think you forgot about PR updates.