Page 1 of 1

Response speed of web server will affect the rank of SERP?

Posted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:44 am
by wuzhong
It is said the response speed of web server will affect the rank in SERP now. Two of my sites are facing down in rank now though PR and backlinks keep the same like before. Do you have any ideas?

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:35 am
by Wishbone
If your site loads just fine, then there is no issue about that at all. Still quality backlinks and contents that makes the sites ranks.

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 3:49 pm
by wuzhong
Thank you!Wishbone.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:13 am
by pauloscula
As far as I know, the site speed only affects around 1% of the SERP....
The server respons affects the site speed, but only a little bit

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 4:03 am
by doomcashdown
Google is having updates all of the time, and that's one reason for the ranking fluctuation.

Posted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:53 am
by brownnataly21
I still don't think that site speed will play the leading role in ranking. I think it's not the thing to take into consedration when ranking.

Re: Response speed of web server will affect the rank of SER

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:49 am
by santom
wuzhong wrote:It is said the response speed of web server will affect the rank in SERP now. Two of my sites are facing down in rank now though PR and backlinks keep the same like before. Do you have any ideas?
I think you are good as long as your site loads in a respectable time. If it takes a really long time you might have something to worry about. But if this is the case, I'd be moving hosts.

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm
by mdamin76
The speed has been one of factors for long ago.

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:29 am
by khaxan
The page load speed does affect your PR. My fast loading sites with compressed CSS and javascripts have a higher PR than slow sites

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:14 pm
by wuzhong
You really provided important information for me.Thanks all.

One of our sites use dedicated server, and I found the response speed is not stable. I think it is because of the data center where we choose for our servser. We have to keep SEO since we lost the No 1 in SERP for several hot keywords. If it's needed,maybe we have to change the data center.

Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:44 am
by zunita78
It's hard to tell how our sites are exactly being ranked.