Page 1 of 2

Problem with backlinks

Posted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:53 pm
by IntegratedS
Hello Friends,

I am facing a problem regarding backlinks. I had built so many backlinks…But now they are decreasing day by day instead of increasing. And I am still continue working on building backlinks… but not over building them...Please help me need your advice….What should I do to get those backlinks back…And one more thing I downloaded the table from Google webmaster tools of the backlinks…The one when I had so many. But now when I open those links my website link is there but Google is not counting it. Though those links are dofollow…But still no backlinks….
Thanks in advance for the advice…. :cry:

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:17 am
by Lingua21
I shouldn't worry too much about this.

I have found the same problem in Google webmaster tools. It seems as though Google now only wants to display the links that it has picked up over the last few months or so. A number of seasoned webmasters have stated in the past that GWT doesn't show all of the links that it has found anyway.

I would just focus on the results from Yahoo Site Explorer as a reality check. If you are still unhappy then pose the question to Matt Cutts on Google Webmaster Help (Youtube videos).

Cheers - Mike Dove

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:14 am
by jayseo
Have you checked your sources where you have promoted your site. Do follow is important but most important thing is where you are submitting. Your all sources must be relevant and high PR.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 am
by pauloscula
Check your backlinks with Site Explorer ( just search it on Google )...you will find there almost all the backlinks

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm
by Dave011
what tool you are using? maybe they didn't show all like google.

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:43 pm
by Wishbone
Probably everyone of us here experience this decrease of backlinks, and it's pretty normal since Google is limiting them, even on GWT. Just notice if your rankings and traffic is very much affected then there must be a problem...

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:49 pm
by mdamin76
Don't be tricked by what is shown in google results on your backlinks count.

Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:11 pm
by Dave011
I think i've seen this post in other forum... I suggest study the link where you posted your link and compare it to the link that are not counted... if you figure out the different focus on the links that are being counted.

Re: Problem with backlinks

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:08 am
by denissharper
As you got the Answer from many Contributors. And kindly say please define site whenever you asking some issue with the site. It helps you to get proper solution.

Re: Problem with backlinks

Posted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm
by TowerSteel
Get more valuable back links.

Re: Problem with backlinks

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:16 pm
by khai
get dofollow backlinks

Re: Problem with backlinks

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:03 pm
by shallen
I usuallycheck backlinks in yahoo,Here you can see all backlinks,is your backlinks dofollow?

Re: Problem with backlinks

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:19 pm
by Geeksam
I have an SEO company in Holland and i think that all incoming links from relevant site are good

Re: Problem with backlinks

Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:03 am
by vstrategy
I think you just getting back links to different site even though they are poor. Try reading the content before get back links.

Re: Problem with backlinks

Posted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:46 am
by probafix
Quality backlinks are better.