Page 1 of 1
Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:07 pm
by cookies186
Google has officially announced that site speed is included in their ranking qualifications. Although they have formally included speed with their ranking factor, the search engine giant assured that it doesn’t carry as much weight as the relevance of a page. The company says that less than one percent of search queries have been affected by the change.
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:19 am
by animalsmile
I remember this video when probably site speed was tackled to be part of Googles algorithm, I think this video was out early this year...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Je85soy_EY
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:47 am
by lukestarks
I think it's a really good step. In reality, a lot of people don't wait for the website to load. They simply closed it if it's slow and find another one in the search rankings.
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:09 am
by bloomtools
I don't think google considers site speed as ranking factor. I have ranked all keywords for my client whose website takes lot of time to load.
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 pm
by cecille20
Can you provide the link where you actually get this news?
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:30 am
by TowerSteel
Yes. It's true.
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:04 am
by mdamin76
I've heard about this as well, but not sure of it's accuracy.
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:23 am
by jerseysstore
I think it's a really good step. In reality, a lot of people don't wait for the website to load. They simply closed it if it's slow and find another one in the search rankings.
-----------------------------------
Premier Jersey
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:16 am
by bryansmith1
I think this is good step by google. Google always want to help the users
Re: Site Speed included as Ranking Factor
Posted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:02 am
by animalsmile
bloomtools wrote:I don't think google considers site speed as ranking factor. I have ranked all keywords for my client whose website takes lot of time to load.
I think it is not really about site speed, but the speed of loading of your site. Means the faster you serve the information or services, the better...