Confusion About Duplicate Content
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 pm
Ok, so my understanding of duplicate content is that when Google looks at a page that has 100% original content, it considers that content to be important, and once indexed, would consider that content to be the original.
If someone then decides to duplicate that content, Google will notice that it is not the original as that same content has already been indexed on another webpage, and then Google won’t consider that duplicate content to be important, so it would result in the duplicate content not being indexed or appearing deep in the search results.
But what happens if 50% of content is duplicate? I have noticed that the content is not considered duplicate, but would Google still prefer 100% unique?
The reason I’m asking this is because I want to put duplicate snippets of text on several of my internal pages, and I’m wondering how Google would see this.
If someone then decides to duplicate that content, Google will notice that it is not the original as that same content has already been indexed on another webpage, and then Google won’t consider that duplicate content to be important, so it would result in the duplicate content not being indexed or appearing deep in the search results.
But what happens if 50% of content is duplicate? I have noticed that the content is not considered duplicate, but would Google still prefer 100% unique?
The reason I’m asking this is because I want to put duplicate snippets of text on several of my internal pages, and I’m wondering how Google would see this.