Page 1 of 1

Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:25 pm
by cookies186
Hi guys. I have a very specific SEO question that I've been trying to solve through empirical testing, but I'm afraid I have failed at reaching a solid conclusion.

If you have 5 keywords you want to rank on, which are all quite related, is it easier to rank a home page on all 5 or easier to rank the home page for 1 and rank 4 sub-pages on the other 4?

Thoughts and experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and H

Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:10 pm
by VladTepes
Either is possible but I think dedicating the keywords into subpages is much better, you can focus better on promoting single anchor text and write more content.

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and H

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:57 am
by alexjohn
I am totally agreed with above 1st post its easier to rank 1 keyword and other on your sub pages.. but you can try all 5.. its just depends on what kws.. there are some factors to consider like competitors of a particular kw..

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:30 am
by Blad1979
This is not only problem it is numerous administrations problem whose websites rank is down.

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:14 am
by watto
I'm interested to know why you talk about a "keyword" and not keywords (plural). Most people search using 2, 3 or even 4 words not just a single word. So surely you ought to be looking at keyword phrases

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:20 am
by Deach1991
Thank you for sharing your information here.

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:39 am
by Younhand47
Thank you for sharing your information here.

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:19 am
by Quaid1954
Thank you for sharing your information here.

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:18 am
by Bung1948
Proper pool water chemical levels have a great deal to with the source water used. It is best to do a source water test before even thinking about testing the pool.

Re: Optimizing Home Page for 5 keywords vs 4 Sub-Pages and Home

Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 am
by Thad1991
I know about social media marketing. But how can I setup social media marketing category and how can I use it?